Jesse - Senior

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in People
Weather nearly got the best of me today. It has poured rain for 3 days...and nights...straight. I had a senior girl scheduled for this afternoon, but her mother called and asked to reschedule for another day. Luckily...I was able to get Jesse to meet me to capture at least the bulk of what we had planned for him...in her time slot.

We still got rained on...more than once....but had a few breaks in between to shoot some. I am only beginning to edit, but thought I'd throw this one out there. I shot it while we were waiting out one of our "rain delays". It isn'y EXACTLY typical of what I was trying to capture, but does allude to what the rest of the set might look like....sort of!:D ...maybe....not really....but kind of...:rofl

492215365_9XwHX-L-1.jpg

Comments

• jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Can't wait to see the rest!
    Jaye
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    That's pretty cool! I luvit! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Done.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Really like the truck and the pose of the senior. Great jobclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    I like it! The picture really tells a story and the PP works with it great. clap.gif
    ...more to come!
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    I'll bore ya and say that a long time ago I wrote that I was looking forward to your seniors looking less molded in a style, and also appearing in a setting with more relevance to their personality.

Well , I don't have to lean too much on saying wow! ya got alla that here!

Very cool pose, face with attitude, connecting with personally relevant prop. Very cool processing.

The composition is also very nice but for me it is too abrupt on the bottom.

Hope you will post some shooting and processing notes when you get the set up.

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. Really enjoyed it!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Oooooh yes. Really nice. Love the pose, the setting and the PP. Can't wait to see the rest.

Virginia

Email
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    I like everything about it! thumb.gif Way to make the best of a rainy day. FWIW, we haven't seen the sun since Wednesday and not forecasted to see it again until this Wednesday. I can't imagine how people live in Seattle.... :D
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Great shot!! It looks like it could have been taken 60 years ago, of course it is sharper and has better exposure though:D
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    :D Thanks everyone for the kind comments!!!

NeilL wrote:
    I'll bore ya and say that a long time ago I wrote that I was looking forward to your seniors looking less molded in a style, and also appearing in a setting with more relevance to their personality.

Well , I don't have to lean too much on saying wow! ya got alla that here!

Very cool pose, face with attitude, connecting with personally relevant prop. Very cool processing.

The composition is also very nice but for me it is too abrupt on the bottom.

Hope you will post some shooting and processing notes when you get the set up.

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. Really enjoyed it!

Neil

Thanks Neil,

I'm not too happy with the pose. It's okay by me except for the positioning of his legs...and I too think the bottom framing is rather abrupt. We tried a couple different leg positions but either his boot bottoms (muddy boot bottoms) were too "in your face" or the whole thing became....crotchy....something else Id rather avoid. It definately is making me think through how I might approach a similar type pose in the future. headscratch.gif

I could do something about the framing looking abrupt, but I think his legs will still be....well...abrupt.

Still though, we got a fun shot...a cool one....ne_nau.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Nice job Jeff! I'm usually not a fan of the straight on shot, but it works here :) Looking forward to seeing more later.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    [quote/]I could do something about the framing looking abrupt, but I think his legs will still be....well...abrupt. [/quote]

I think the solution you got here is fine. Another look at it & its working better for me. I actually can't see what else would work better. There is too much good in the composition as a whole to compromise for the sake of the bottom.

Thanks again.
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    I think the solution you got here is fine. Another look at it & its working better for me. I actually can't see what else would work better. There is too much good in the composition as a whole to compromise for the sake of the bottom.

Thanks again.

I dunno....

I am still thinking that there may have been "something" better I could have done....though Im at a loss on what that might have been. I will keep my eyes peeled for examples of poses that would have worked here....in the event I am ever faced with a similar circumstance.

Thanks for your input Neil.