Fun in Circle Center/Indianapolis

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited March 18, 2009 in People
I had a session on Saturday with my sister-in-law and her daughter. My nieces' best friend since 1st grade was with us. My sister-in-law is moving on the 23rd to Florida and so this was a bittersweet session for me and for the two girls. The friend wasn't really dressed for a session, but I got photographs of them together anyway.

We started off by the canal. Most of the ones I'm showing here are on the canal. I also confirmed that I need to bring both cameras to shoots. I used the portrait lens for all the photographs around the canal. There were times when I realized that my other lenses (18-55 and 55-200) would have been beneficial.
492278219_xiJFf-L.jpg
491686345_RLu5U-L.jpg
491681224_8TVtD-L-1.jpg
492535735_bJQ7R-L.jpg
492535995_hgUcw-M.jpg
Fun with her BFF
492275807_3oggP-L.jpg
Her eye, camera right is out of focus. : ( Should have checked the aperature
492536718_demq7-L.jpg
491681119_TsWJm-L-1.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    aw, you sister-in-laws daughter is a natural!! Nice photos.

#1 could use some contrast in my opinion
    #2 is a lovely shot, just wish you would have had a different background ...
    #3 mommy looks a bit uncomfortable
    #4 very cute
    #5 very nice ... would maybe darken a bit the bottom of the photo, you seem to have a lot of light coming from below
    #6 & #7 cute. Maybe take them away from the wall a bit, so you get a nice DOF and the background gets more abstract
    #8 haha, cute ... again, wish you would have a bit less railing ...

But all in one very nice photos! iloveyou.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Ha! Agnieszka saved me a lot of writing. 15524779-Ti.gif This is a good series. The mother's pose in the single portrait does look uncomfortably forced. 1,4, 6, 7, and 8 are the keepers of the set. thumb.gif
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Thanks for the CC it helps me tons. So, in the 1st one, if I would have gotten closer it would have worked better? If so, that proves to me that I need to bring both cameras. I need to save up for the 18-200mm lens. I see what you mean about bringing the girls further the the colored background too.

My sister-in-law is really stressed about the move on the 23rd. She's having to do this all by herself, but she wanted me to do hers and her daughters pictures before they move. She did loosen up a little but on the one pose of just her, I don't think she is used to posing or anything. They did good though and we had a great time.
    I do agree with all the CC. Thanks again :D
  • a123a123 Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Hey!! I know your Sister-in-law...well, I think I do, she looks very familar! I know I've seen her before!

I like your pictures, the canal is a great place to shoot. Not much to add, but I like number 2 best. I prefer to shoot down at a subject, rather than up. Also, a polarizer filter helps when you have a lot of sky in your shot.

By the way...did you hear about the the huge fire on the canal a couple days ago? If you were toward the north end of the canal, you may have some of the last shots of the Cosmopolitan condos!
    Canon 7D ~ Canon XSi ~ Canon EF-S 18-55 IS ~ Canon EF 28-70 f2.8 L ~ Tokina 50-135 f2.8 ~ Sigma 50mm f1.4 HSM ~ Canon EF 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon EF 600mm f4 L IS
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    a123 wrote:
    Hey!! I know your Sister-in-law...well, I think I do, she looks very familar! I know I've seen her before!

I like your pictures, the canal is a great place to shoot. Not much to add, but I like number 2 best. I prefer to shoot down at a subject, rather than up. Also, a polarizer filter helps when you have a lot of sky in your shot.

By the way...did you hear about the the huge fire on the canal a couple days ago? If you were toward the north end of the canal, you may have some of the last shots of the Cosmopolitan condos!

Small World!!! That's crazy. :D

I did see the building that burned. We drove right by it. Those are the ones that weren't finished, right? Or was this more recent.