edited March 20, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
The title is Beating the Mountains - cycling beyond the pain threshold

492878726_sMSGS-XL.jpg

Crap?
Life is pretty straight without motorcycling

Comments

• sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    I like it a lot. Good focus on the riders and fading out into the background. The only thing I don't like is how the background (side of the road) is overexposed behind the second rider.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • PexiPexi Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Thanks for your comments, I certainly agree with the overexposed part of the photo. I think I'll be able to do something to it, if the idea is generally ok / accepted for the theme...

Further comments anyone?
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    I really like it. I also appreciate that you set it up as a book cover and not just "here's a photo that coulld be a good cover".

I have a really hard time reading the font at the top of the cover though which makes it distracting to me.
    ~ Lisa
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Nice shot. I agree the font is hard to read. You also need to spell check--'threshold'.

Sherry
    edited March 18, 2009
    Thanks darkdragon and slpollett, your feedback is much appreciated here!

And a Special Thanks goes to slpollett for pointing out that nasty spelling error! Oh dear, how embarrassing :booze :booze ! No good excuses for that.

I would imagine that
    darkdragon wrote:
    setting the photo up as a book cover and not just "here's a photo that could be a good cover".
    will divide opinions heavily in this round. Personally I'll prefer seeing "finalized works of art" mwink.gif , but on the other hand the challenge becomes more "design and PP" than "pure photography". Anyway, the definition of this round's challenge left both roads open, so we might see a wide set of interpretations... hopefully.

Hopefully this challenge will drive me learning at least some basic photoshop skills...

Disclaimer: sorry for my crappy english. I'm a Finn and now been living here in France for 10 years, so whatever little I once may have known of anglais, is inevidently disappearing from my brains... piece by piece, word by word.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    i thought i'd posted this earlier, but might've forgotten to hit the 'submit reply' button. ne_nau.gif

anyway, i had wanted to say that i thought it looked more like a magazine cover than a book cover to me, and i don't know whether that matters or not.

i do like the shot though. and i think i'm ok with the overexposure. makes it feel a little more 'intense', if you will.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    The shot is nice and I don't mind the overexposure. The title, BEATING THE MOUNTAINS, looks a little too subdued in the grey color. Have you tried to see what it would look like in white?
    edited March 20, 2009
    This is where I'm at the moment. I'm still trying to get some "extreme" to the photo and keep / emphazise the sweaty look of the riders, but I'm not quite happy with the results... headscratch.gif any opinions or advices welcome!

494740639_XRGUV-L.jpg
  • 300m300m Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    I like this one better. Font is easier for me to read. having rode in the past I understand the pain too :) Good thoght. Reminds me of some books you see here after/ before the tour
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    I like the fonts better on the 2nd but I think the picture on the first one has more impact. I think the slightly darker area on the left with the brighter area behind really worked well on the first image.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.