Announcing Llywellyn - our new Challenge Ring Leader!!!

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited April 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hiya Gang!

As some of you know, I've been heading up the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges for about 10 months now. It is now time to pass on the torch of creative flame to your new Challenge Host...Llywellyn! :barb :barb :barb

Kerry is a long time participant of the challenges, an AWESOME photographer and a super fun and smart gal to boot! Please join me in welcoming her and showing your appreciation for her willingness to take this on. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I'll be sticking around (in the background mostly) to help her out for a couple of months, and then maybe I can get back in the trenches with you lot. :D Erik will still be our forum mechanic and leading sarcasm initiator...so play nice!

Kerry...it's all yours!!!!!!!!!!! :lust
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Welcome Kerry. wings.gifbarbwings.gifclapclap.gifclap:ivar:ivar:ivariloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

But wait. Now we won't get to see enjoy your wonderful entries. eek7.gif

Thank you so much for taking this on. Awesome!!
    \
    But I will miss seeing your creative challenge photos.

Virginia

PS - It will be fun to have Emily back competing, though.

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Wow - you guys have kept THAT development quiet!! :D

Kerry, I have no doubt that you will do a great job... and that we'll all be tearing our hair out trying to rise to the challenges your fertile brain will develop for us! I too will be sorry not to see your awesome work every two weeks, but perhaps you can throw down the gauntlet by posting a test image on your own theme every two weeks - you'll keep us on our toes!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Wow - you guys have kept THAT development quiet!! :D

Loose lips sink ships!
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    clap.gifclapclap.gifThanks Kerry, I know you'll do a fantastic job.
    And thank you Emily for the incredible job you've done clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    We're really excited about Kerry and all her awesomeness!!! :D

And a big, big thank you to Emily and all HER awesomeness!!! Really. Emily, you've done so much for this forum. Thank you! bowdown.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    ABSOLUTELY big props to Emily indeed, and big THANKS too. And (I thought I had said this in my prior post, but reading over it, I see I missed it, even though I wrote it mentally!) I do hope this doesn't mean you'll be fading into the woodwork and disappearing, Emily - your brand of humour and creativity is a wonderful thing, and while I have no doubt that Kerry will keep us all amused and stretched too, you would be sorely missed were you to vanish entirely!!! iloveyou.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    So, er, yeah...hi again. wave.gif

I feel like I'm learning to drive stick shift (with which I have an awesome track record: stalled three times moving the car from driveway to garage), and I only hope I can get the hang of it and drive this thing forward with anywhere near the skill, enthusiasm, and hard work Emily's contributed. Thank you so much for having taken this on for the past year, Emily. I'm only starting to realize really how danged much you did, and I'm so very thankful. bowdown.gif

I'll do my best to keep things running smoothly along with Erik, and to challenge you all with some exciting themes. And, as always, to keep things fun! :D
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Wow!
    This is both exciting and sad news all rolled up into one

Thank you Emily for ALL of the work you have done over the last 10 months (has it really been that long already?). I do hope that you find the time to compete in a few rounds now that you have passed on the baton.

Kerry! Oh My - I am pleased to hear that you are willing to help out and I understand what an enormous commitment you have taken on. On the other hand though I am greatly saddened that we will not be seeing your absolutely wonderful entries in the coming challenges. I have always admired your work and will miss you as a competitor.

These challenges have been a great way for me to push myself and my imagination to create, and if it was not for them my portfolio would be pretty ho hum compared to what the challenges have inspired. I just want to thank all of the behind the scenes people who really do not get enough recognition considering the amazing amount of work that you all do.

Welcome Kerry! and Thank you in advance!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Congrats, Kerry! You have a lot to live up to but I know you'll keep the challenges going full throttle!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 17, 2009
    I'm Doctorit and I approve this message...

nod.gifwave.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 17, 2009
    Well well! Isn't this a piece of news! Wow! Glad you stepped up Kerry as I know you will do just great!

And a big THANK YOU to Emily for all your great competitions ideas and hard work at keeping things going.

And so not to forget the guy who approves this message...glad your sticking around too! Your always needed to keep us grounded!thumb.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Thank you Emily for all the work you've done to keep things running so smoothly bowdown.gif

clap.gif And Go Kerry! clap.gif

I have to wonder what sort of themes you have planned mwink.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Wow, huge kudos to Kerry for taking this on and for all of Emily's hard work over the last few months, it's very much appreciated.clap.gif

Hey Kerry, if you need any help with that 'manual' gearbox as we like to call it over here it's pretty much all we drive so don't hesitate to ask.

Charlie
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Wow! This is some news to wake up to. Congratulations Kerry!! And, welcome back to the trenches, Emily. :D
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Wow, I didn't see that one coming. I don't think that I can expand on anything that has already been said so I will keep it short and sweet.

Emily and Kerry,
    THANK YOU!

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
    edited March 17, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    I have to wonder what sort of themes you have planned mwink.gif

Muahahahaha! naughty.gif
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Muahahahaha! naughty.gif

I knew it... knives, bloody photobooths... rolleyes1.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited March 17, 2009
    pyry wrote:

:hack

blbl.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    pyry wrote:

I can't do it again, I swore I'd never do it again!

Seriously though. I'm just starting to appreciate the level of time and volunteerism gifted to this community by the team here at DGrin. Thank you. And Llywellyn, please don't make me suffer too much. bowdown.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Good Luck Kerry...Look forward to your challenges...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Congratulations Kerry, I know you'll do great things.
    Thanks to Emily for all her hard work.

peace, g
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Congrat Kerry, will miss seeing your challenge entries!!!
    Big thanks to Emily, hard shoes to fill!!
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Kyoshi, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Only problem I have with this, is that we won't see your wonderful entries.

But I'm certain you'll come up with some sweet themes.

Emily, thanks for the great challenges. You've been a real treat to us all.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Emily - although I'm a relative newcomer to this forum, in that short time I've been very impressed with your patience and level of hospitality - I know it's not nearly as easy as you make it look. I look forward to seeing you compete as a "regular" and hopefully you'll be able to sit back and relax a little.

Kerry - congrats on the new position! Like others, I'll miss seeing your entries, but if they're any indication, I'm sure your challenge topics will be equally creative. I'm not sure if I would be looking for a "Tempermental Irishwoman" to be a forum moderator, but I know you'll do great :D
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    How's that Go .............. OH Yeah

The Queen is Dead, Long Live the Queen rolleyes1.gif

Good Work Emily
    Good Luck Kerry
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    bfjr wrote:
    How's that Go .............. OH Yeah

The Queen is Dead, Long Live the Queen rolleyes1.gif

Good Work Emily
    Good Luck Kerry

15524779-Ti.gif

Winston
    edited March 17, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    I'm not sure if I would be looking for a "Tempermental Irishwoman" to be a forum moderator, but I know you'll do great :D

That's just to ensure everyone stays in line. :whip :D
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    That's just to ensure everyone stays in line. :whip :D

So your related to

Warrior Queen Bodicca :wow

Oh dear better buy a bigger Gun rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Emily, thanks for keeping it all tied together. You deserve a break, but please, please, please, don't disappear...

Kerry, we're lookin' forward.....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited April 6, 2009
    Well, folks, if you ever take a gander at the "Moderator" box at the bottom of this forum, you'll notice Greensquared's name's gone missin'. That's right, we've kicked her out! :thwak :D

Actually, now that her duties are done, Emily gets to step away from the mod life. I know it'll take some adjusting since she's done such a fabulous job. iloveyou.gif

But what this really means is all you participants better watch out, because now she can throw her hat into the ring again. mwink.gif

Thanks for everything, Emily!