I received my Sigma 24-70mm HSM today from Adaorama

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in Cameras
I ordered the nikon mount. I looked at the box..great..nikon version. I wip out the lens and try to snug it on my camera..FAIL!

wtf they sent me the canon mount? :scratch :cry :dunno

UPDATE: thursday 12:08pm PST

I re-ordered the lens from BH and it arrived just now...indeed it is nikon mount.
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    I ordered the nikon mount. I looked at the box..great..nikon version. I wip out the lens and try to snug it on my camera..FAIL!

wtf they sent me the canon mount? headscratch.gif :cry ne_nau.gif
    WOW - That is so not cool. Looks like a phone call is in order. I think I would push to have them ship you a Nikon mount. In the box, include a shipping label for the return of the EOS mount.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited March 17, 2009
    I thought that kind of stuff only happened to me. :Drolleyes1.gif

Adorama will make it right.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Oh my God i put all of my savings and ordered 100mm USM macro from Adorama and i may be paying 200$ more on customs and taxes.....and if it fails :confusedrolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    well they e-mailed me shippeing label to send it back to them. They told me that if the box was labeled nikon then it was a mispack by sigma all the way in Japan.

Of course they did not have any nikon mounts in stock and of course I need the lens for an even this weekend.

I just ordered it from BH with 2 days air. *crosses fingers* I should be okay..I mean what are the odds of 2 screwed up orders right? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket to hedge my bet.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Sorry to hear.
    I bet there is a person who bought one in eos mount and is going "wtf? this is a nikon mount!"
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    Sorry to hear.
    I bet there is a person who bought one in eos mount and is going "wtf? this is a nikon mount!"

Ha! yeah really, what about the odds that that guy is in the same town as Qarik? I never made it to statistics class rolleyes1.gif

Sorry to hear about the mixup, I hope your order with B&H goes smoothly. I don't know if I'd say that it was a Sigma mistake, it could have been someone took the lens out look at it (show a customer, or whatever) at Adorama and put it back in the wrong box. Just as likely I think. I don't know that Adorama can say for certain either way really, unless the box was actually factory sealed which i don't know about Sigma but Canon doesn't do that.
    ~ Lisa
    edited March 17, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    well they e-mailed me shippeing label to send it back to them. They told me that if the box was labeled nikon then it was a mispack by sigma all the way in Japan.

Of course they did not have any nikon mounts in stock and of course I need the lens for an even this weekend.

I just ordered it from BH with 2 days air. *crosses fingers* I should be okay..I mean what are the odds of 2 screwed up orders right? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket to hedge my bet.

If you absolutely must have something for this weekend check on renting the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S. As far as I know they won't be making that anytime soon for any other mount. rolleyes1.gif
    ziggy53
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    If you absolutely must have something for this weekend check on renting the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S. As far as I know they won't be making that anytime soon for any other mount. rolleyes1.gif

Well as it turns out..my co-work literally came by 2 minutes ago and handed me the nikkor AF-S 24-70mm. I asked him if I could borrow it so I can do a review of the sigma vs nikkor lens. I guess I can use it for the weekend as well if the BH order doesn't show up in time
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    edited March 17, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    Well as it turns out..my co-work literally came by 2 minutes ago and handed me the nikkor AF-S 24-70mm. I asked him if I could borrow it so I can do a review of the sigma vs nikkor lens. I guess I can use it for the weekend as well if the BH order doesn't show up in time

That is extremely fortuitous. thumb.gifclap
    ziggy53
  • HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Adorama Camera Customer Service
    darkdragon wrote:
    I don't know if I'd say that it was a Sigma mistake, it could have been someone took the lens out look at it (show a customer, or whatever) at Adorama and put it back in the wrong box. Just as likely I think. I don't know that Adorama can say for certain either way

That couldn't happen, as our website inventory is in a warehouse in New Jersey, and our store is in New York!

More likely, is the following scenario: the manufacturers and distributors who supply to Adorama, and of course, to other retailers, do allow us to return equipment as new, because of over-stocks, exchanges etc. This can be a particular issue after the Christmas holiday period when we all need to balance out our inventories.

Even though we at Adorama are completely thorough when packaging up these items for return, there is no doubt that less scrupulous retailers could well be receiving returns, trusting the customer's explanation that they never opened the box - packing them up for return to the manufacturer or distributor. These items then form part of the inventory for sending out to other retailers.

No retailer can inspect the contents of every package received into the warehouse. If the manufacturer doesn't check the equipment before sending it back out, from the customer's perspective it is the retailer who looks bad, even though it may well not have been their fault.

At Adorama we do have liberal return policies, and there is no doubt that on occasion this is taken advantage of - although this does not exempt us from more closely checking any and all returns, some retailers don't.

The problem is that we are all relying upon human beings to carry out the required procedures at every point in the transaction, which can, and does, result in mistakes at any place along the line.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation, but please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in any other matter regarding either Adorama Camera, or AdoramaPix.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
    www.adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    HelenOster wrote:
    I hope this sheds some light on the situation, but please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in any other matter regarding either Adorama Camera, or AdoramaPix.

It really does, I'm glad you took the time to explain. Good idea to join the site and have some interaction with some of your top customers (just a guess, but know we here buy a lot of gear) :D

I've never recieved a wrong lens, but I was worried the first time I ever bought one because the box wasn't sealed - I didn't know at the time that they never are! rolleyes1.gif
    ~ Lisa