Options

SOLD (US, So-Cal) Sigma 24-60 EX f2.8

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited March 18, 2009 in House of Canon
I'm selling my Sigma 24-60mm f2.8 EX lens b/c I thought I'd use this with my 5D as a walking around point and shoot stuff. But I bought a much smaller Olympus e 420 instead. Since I'm a prime guy, the zoom must go. :)

I bought this fairly recently, just before it got discontinued so it comes with a new center pinch Sigma lens cap. Comes with box, hood, packaging, warranty card, lens bag. Everything that comes with this lens when new will be included. The lens is clean with no blemishes and works perfectly. I initially had the aperture blades stick closed after a shot once in a while but after cleaning the contacts never had this again, so I suspect that it was due to a film build up on the contacts from lack of use.

Here is a test of the lens.
http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/6600355_JPU5f#420566168_3KKJM

As you can see spot on focusing, unlike others that have reported focusing issues.

I'm interested in getting a Canon 35mm f2 lens, so if you have one in similar (i.e. very very clean) shape with a hood, we can discuss a trade instead as well.

Asking $190 for a local buyer.
I'll consider paypal and shipping if there isn't a local buyer. If you are serious about buying, I'll post some pics of the lens.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    I had one of these and a Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 at the same time and compared them side by side. I found the 24-60 had superior distortion control and resolution at all focal lengths. The framing difference between 60 and 70mm is negligible.

Also, filter size for the 24-60 is 77mm vs. 82mm for the 24-70. That means lower cost AND more likely to fit other lenses.

FWIW/ScottGee1
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Sold