Options

Janey, part I (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in Go Figure
As I mentioned yesterday, last Sunday I had a chance to visit nearby Mojave desert and have some fun outdoors shooting with one of the local models.

#1: Meet Janey:

493147277_S2zba-XL.jpg

#2: Sleeping Beauty:

493147307_rfVYd-XL.jpg

#3: Traditionally strong (and very chilling) wind helped to keep the chiffon afloat:

493156932_4exKX-XL.jpg

#4: But Janey was a real trooper and ignored the elements in order to get a good shot:

493165073_zf9H3-XL.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 17, 2009
    #1 looks like she's talking on a cell phone! I can't tell for sure, possibly just an awkward hand pose with her right hand?

Nice work Nik.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    #1 really looks like she's on the phone.

I'm also not a fan of the angle of that first shot. She looks like she's got feet growing out of her head. You need to get a better angle to get the feet and body off to one side.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2009
    MagicKiwi wrote:
    #1 looks like she's talking on a cell phone! I can't tell for sure, possibly just an awkward hand pose with her right hand?

Nice work Nik.
    Thanks! thumb.gif

Laughing.gif, never thought of that interpretation... rolleyes1.gif I simply asked her to assume comfortable position (as far as as it was possible being comfortable lying butt-naked on the ground under 30mph desert wind) with her hands supporting her head...
    And while I admit it's possible to imagine a cell phone there I don't see anything wrong with the pose otherwise...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    And while I admit it's possible to imagine a cell phone there I don't see anything wrong with the pose otherwise...ne_nau.gif

5 years ago it wouldn't even be thought of. Its more of a cultural thing now. I didn't think she was on a phone either.
  • Options
    BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    #3 and #4 are my favorites. I love the contrasting color of the chiffon in the desert! Great work!thumb.gif
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Her skin looks so much prettier in the last shot it made me scroll up to the first two in particular where, I think, she looks very grey by comparison. I really like the energy in the last shot too.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Hey Nik, I like #3 and 4 the best. Colors are great. Curious if you used a fill strobe on these shots ?

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    #1 really looks like she's on the phone.

I'm also not a fan of the angle of that first shot. She looks like she's got feet growing out of her head. You need to get a better angle to get the feet and body off to one side.
    Thanks, Mitch!
  • Options
    jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    About #1
    The feet are in the wrong position. they look like there are attached to the back of her head.
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 19, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:

I don't know about the feet thing, I think they're sufficiently blurred to seperate them from her noggin'.

To me the angle is great, the only issue I really have with her right hand is that it appears she's doing something with it, but it's not clear what. Kind of like she's about to do something with it. I still think it looks like she may be on the phone. In fact that may be an interesting shot, young women tend to live with their cell phones attached to their ears so it would be sort of natural.