Options

FS: Quantaray lenses, cheap!

catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in Nikon Land
I actually have two of one of these, but I don't know which one or where. But suffice it to say, I barely used these before upgrading. However, they are great backpacking or knock around lenses (these are the sort I'd put on a camera for a kid) and the images are pretty decent.

I can take photos if/as needed/requested. Please reply in comments w/ requests of what you'd like to see of the lens or of images it takes!

Quantaray 28-90mm macro telephoto: http://www.adorama.com/US 299953.html?searchinfo=Quantaray 28-90mm macro&item_no=2
$35 includes shipping CONUS. INCLUDES 58mm polarizer filter w/ 55-58mm step up ring.

Quantaray 18-50mm:
http://www.adorama.com/US 303304.html?searchinfo=Quantaray 18-50mm&item_no=1
$45 includes shipping CONUS. INCLUDES 58mm UV Filter.

PayPal preferred! :D
//Leah

Comments

• Options
    edited May 28, 2009
    Prices dropped, as listed above. Just need new homes, but shipping has to at least be covered.

Offers accepted!
    //Leah
  • Options
    KingofthehillKingofthehill Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2009
    I'll Take the

Quantaray 28-90mm macro telephoto: http://www.adorama.com/US 299953.html?searchinfo=Quantaray 2 8-90mm%20macro&item_no=2
    $35 includes shipping CONUS. INCLUDES 58mm polarizer filter w/ 55-58mm step up ring.

My work computer has paypal blocked, i can pay right when i get home though (5pm pst)

JOe
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2009
    Still awaiting response headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2009
    Pm's have been sent. Please respond. The lens has still not shown up ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    Claim filed with paypal. If issues come up, just tell me... don't avoid me, even for a cheap lens ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2009
    Can you please reply? I don't want to take further actions with Paypal rolleyes1.gif Its a cheap lens were talking about here but im not going to just throw money away for nothing in return ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 24, 2009
    cat has activity on dgrin as of today, not sure what's going on ne_nau.gif

Have you tried both email and PM? She has both options enabled in her account here. Beyond that, I can't offer any help, sorry.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Yeah ne_nau.gif and PM's

Its a bummer since I bought my g/f a D50 so she could go shoot with me but i still have no lens for her to use (only own 1 lens)... and these were priced perfectly for someone just starting out .

JOe
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 24, 2009
    Sucks to get ripped off. I bought a camera bag from Catspaw about 2 months ago...that went as planned.
  • Options
    ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Yeah ne_nau.gif and PM's

Its a bummer since I bought my g/f a D50 so she could go shoot with me but i still have no lens for her to use (only own 1 lens)... and these were priced perfectly for someone just starting out .

JOe

SHe has phone #'s on her website. http://www.catspawphotos.com/gallery/8619707_fis2X
    Maybe someting major came up in her life. Hard to believe she'd spend the effort to rip someone off over these low dollar amounts.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    I haven't been in dgrin since last week, apologies. I'll try to plan my vacations and subsequent bed ridden illnesses better.

I find it HIGHLY offense to be accused of ripping off anyone, for $30 no less. I cannot control USPS, nor can anyone else. Given that it's been all of 10 business days, I'd consider it a bit early, but if it doesn't show up in another 5 days, I'll do the refund.
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    Tosh wrote:
    SHe has phone #'s on her website. http://www.catspawphotos.com/gallery/8619707_fis2X
    Maybe someting major came up in her life. Hard to believe she'd spend the effort to rip someone off over these low dollar amounts.

Good luck.

thank you Tosh. Someone else nudged me on twitter, which has been about the mental capacity I've had with this illness - once I *was* back in town. the buyer knows that the lens was sent USPS, I find him incredibly rude as well as cheap. Oh well, can't pick the buyers.
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    I haven't been in dgrin since last week, apologies. I'll try to plan my vacations and subsequent bed ridden illnesses better.

I find it HIGHLY offense to be accused of ripping off anyone, for $30 no less. I cannot control USPS, nor can anyone else. Given that it's been all of 10 business days, I'd consider it a bit early, but if it doesn't show up in another 5 days, I'll do the refund.

10 days? its been a Month eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    10 days? its been a Month eek7.gif

unless I'm off by a week, I mailed it on the 11th.
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2009
    ok, well i don't want to argue... All i know is that i paypal'ed you on the 29th of last month and ive had no communication for 2 weeks and still have no lens ne_nau.gif

its a cheap lens but im not going to just give away money for nothing headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    I dont believe this thread is the place to do what you guys are doing...
    graphic designer/photographer
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    I dont believe this thread is the place to do what you guys are doing...

well, if publicly accused of fraud, I'm going to publicly defend myself. rolleyes1.gif
    //Leah
  • Options
    randy329randy329 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 26, 2009
    If you were paid on the 29th of May for the lens and the buyer does not have them you should refund and apologize not try to defend yourself, you sound a little like our grand government in the wrong but still trying to sell that they are right lol just my thoughts
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    A big surprise is that if you use USPS Priority Mail it's lower priority than first class. It can take a couple weeks to arrive.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 26, 2009
    The post office should be able to track the package for you. Perhaps they were lost somewhere or are sitting in some crazy letter carrier's basement with 1000's of other packages he/she didn't want to deliver.
  • Options
    Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    randy329 wrote:
    If you were paid on the 29th of May for the lens and the buyer does not have them you should refund and apologize not try to defend yourself, you sound a little like our grand government in the wrong but still trying to sell that they are right lol just my thoughts

I once sent two items to a friend, separate envelopes. I put them both in the mail on the same day. One envelope got there two days later, the other (that had a check for some money I owed him) arrived four weeks later. He lives 20 minutes away from me. I say give it more time.
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 26, 2009
    Folks, thanks for your opinions, but at this point, let's let the buying/selling parties figure this out between themselves.
    thumb.gif

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited June 28, 2009
    Well.. still no action headscratch.gif

have a claim with paypal. I wish you would just refund me my money or provide tracking info or even file a claim with USPS? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2009
    Well.. still no action headscratch.gif

have a claim with paypal. I wish you would just refund me my money or provide tracking info or even file a claim with USPS? ne_nau.gif

USPS doesn't DO tracking information unless paid extra for. Which for a cheap ass lens? not worth it.

At least educate yourself first.

At this point I could refund but you are just as likely to keep the claim alive and I'll be out 2x the money. PayPal is trustworthy and will do their thing in good time. No reason to stop something already in progress.
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2009
    Refund my money, i'll end up taking a 3% loss from paypal, and i'll drop my claim.

You have my word... YOU have no reason to not trust me... I have done nothing wrong here. I just want my money back or the lens... or at least some effort to make things right on your side. You have just sat back and let this progress over a cheap lens... and i just can't figure out why?... a LITTLE communication goes A LONG way.

Have you investigated this at all with the place you sent it out of? maybe its just sitting on their desk somewhere, or under it.

Why do you have to make this difficult and have to progress with the paypal claim? Just refund my money and i'll end the claim. The only reason i opened the claim was because i could not get ahold of you. but now your just gonna let it freeze your paypal account for possibly another 2 months while this all happens. WHY?

geeze... be a stand up person and refund my money and save face. WHY is this so difficult for you to understand?

JOe
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    Which for a cheap ass lens? not worth it.

By the way, I hope people see how concerned you are with the products you sell people. That "Cheap ass lens" would make my g/f's DAY so she could finally use her D50 i got her. Im on a tight budget and that "Cheap ass lens" would get her started with this hobby already.

and if its just a "Cheap ass lens" why not just refund my money and be done with it?... obviously its not so cheap beause you want to fight over $35bucks rolleyes1.gif

JOe
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Still avoiding the situation. ne_nau.gif

And its nice to see that you will insure and or provide tracking information for your other lens's you are trying to sell.

I hope people see this thread and think twice about purchasing from you rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ob_3ob_3 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    King ...

Are you still in need of a lens for your girlfriend ???

I have a tamron 28-200 that i havent used in 2 years that i bought it, i use mostly my primes to shoot.

If you are interested in a short/long term loan so she can start enjoying her d50, let me know. I can try and get it out.

tomaj731 - at - gmail.com

tom
    -say cheese !

Nikon d200w/ grip, 18-70 Nikkor , 85mm 1.8 , 50mm 1.8, tokina 12-24
    Nikon n80 w/grip, 28-200 Tamron
    Fuji z6900
    old school Olympus OMG-1
    Sony DSC-H3 point and shoot
  • Options
    randy329randy329 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2009
    Did the seller ever make this right? I see they have two others for sale.headscratch.gif