It's our Bubba's 13th B-Day Today

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
492882125_HRUVQ-L.jpg

Today is our Bubba's 13th birthday. Bubba joined our family when he was 8 weeks old; he was so small he fit in the palm of my hand. Since then, he has grown to become part of our family. He is the most gentle dog I have ever owned. He has never shown an ounce of aggression towards anyone or anything. He is truly a gentle soul.

Bubba is not the average dog. I don't even think he sees himself as a dog. We have 3 other pooches and aside from cuddling up to them for warmth at night when they sleep, he wants nothing to do with them. When he comes across other dogs on walks or outings, he may give the other dog a courtesy sniff so as not to come off like a snob, but that is pretty much it.

He's a good companion too. He rarely barks other than when he wants you to carry him up or down the stairs because he doesn't feel up to doing it himself. He doesn't stray; you can leave him outside and he doesn't leave the cul-de-sac. He wants nothing more than to keep you company. He will lay on your lap for hours and keep you nice a warm. He's the perfect pet really.

Despite his old age, he still gets around pretty well but his age is starting to show. His muzzle, once black, is now almost completely gray. He's not the best smelling dog despite being indoors all the time. He is completely deaf now, although for some reason, he can hear the microwave beep when it's done cooking. His eye sight is not the best and he sometimes bumps into things. It's actually kind of endearing. Yes, he is an old guy, but we love him more than ever. I hope he lives to see at least a few more birthdays because life without him will not be the same.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBARONI!
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Thanks for sharing a very touching story and a wonderful picture of your "elder statesman". All of us who have had the great fortune to have a special companion dog for many years can relate. Right now I'm on my third "best friend" Barney who followed Belle who followed Max (both of whom passed away at advanced age). I can't imagine life without that companionship. It's a shame their life span is so much shorter than ours. Here's wishing Bubba all the best wishes for a happy birthday and many more to come.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Hey... thanks Jack. I will let him know you wish him a happy b-day! clap.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Happy Birthday Bubba!!!clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

I agree with John, he's a fine looking "Elder Statesman", I like that!!

I can't imagine a day without them!!

Give the Birthday Boy a Treat from Me!!

Nice image on your part, even though you had a great Model:D

Thanks for sharing!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009

Today is our Bubba's 13th birthday. Bubba joined our family when he was 8 weeks old; he was so small he fit in the palm of my hand. Since then, he has grown to become part of our family. He is the most gentle dog I have ever owned. He has never shown an ounce of aggression towards anyone or anything. He is truly a gentle soul.

Bubba is not the average dog. I don't even think he sees himself as a dog. We have 3 other pooches and aside from cuddling up to them for warmth at night when they sleep, he wants nothing to do with them. When he comes across other dogs on walks or outings, he may give the other dog a courtesy sniff so as not to come off like a snob, but that is pretty much it.

He's a good companion too. He rarely barks other than when he wants you to carry him up or down the stairs because he doesn't feel up to doing it himself. He doesn't stray; you can leave him outside and he doesn't leave the cul-de-sac. He wants nothing more than to keep you company. He will lay on your lap for hours and keep you nice a warm. He's the perfect pet really.

Despite his old age, he still gets around pretty well but his age is starting to show. His muzzle, once black, is now almost completely gray. He's not the best smelling dog despite being indoors all the time. He is completely deaf now, although for some reason, he can hear the microwave beep when it's done cooking. His eye sight is not the best and he sometimes bumps into things. It's actually kind of endearing. Yes, he is an old guy, but we love him more than ever. I hope he lives to see at least a few more birthdays because life without him will not be the same.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBARONI!

Happy Birthday Bubba :bday

Pets can fill a real void in a persons life, and they can break your heart too when they move on to Pet Heaven as well.

My Kitty is 11 years old, and though I have only had her for just over one year, you'd think she was born and raised in my house, she loves it here nod.gif

May Bubba live out the rest of his days happy at home with you folks who love him so much ... lovely store and picture :D ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin