:uhoh Uh-oh

491878890_q2eFB-X2.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
  • MansmindMansmind Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2009
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    I'm not going to mock or tease you. I know how frustrating it can be out there on any given day.

Impressive comp in that last one.
    Anybody can do it.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    :uhoh Uh-oh

491878890_q2eFB-X2.jpg

wings.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • aguntheragunther Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    The path less traveled
    Try the Guadelupe Dunes State park. Not so many people go there. I shot the dunes there without any footprints.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    I'm not going to mock or tease you. I know how frustrating it can be out there on any given day.

I hope you don't think this is mocking or teasing! I'm just having fun and saying "amen, brother."
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    They drove me crazy when I was there too, I shot Zabriskie Point at sunrise and then headed immediately to the dunes and when I got there, there were already about 5 cars parked on the shoulder and foot prints all over. I think there were some footprints from the previous day too. Need to get there a before dawn on a weekday after some wind from the previous night. I would also like to see what the dunes look like under moon light. It's the one part of the park that I shot that I knew I could do better next time.

Although, some of the footprints are cool, if they're not human:

481539336_sKg4T-S.jpg
    edited March 17, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    They drove me crazy when I was there too, I shot Zabriskie Point at sunrise and then headed immediately to the dunes and when I got there, there were already about 5 cars parked on the shoulder and foot prints all over. I think there were some footprints from the previous day too. Need to get there a before dawn on a weekday after some wind from the previous night. I would also like to see what the dunes look like under moon light. It's the one part of the park that I shot that I knew I could do better next time.

Although, some of the footprints are cool, if they're not human:

481539336_sKg4T-S.jpg

I didn't follow up and see if you were convinced otherwise, but I'm still with your original thought that those are from a sidewinder.
    Anybody can do it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I hope you don't think this is mocking or teasing! I'm just having fun and saying "amen, brother."

No offense.. Just frustrating. I think after a wind storm is probably best.

Rags
    Rags
    edited March 18, 2009
    agunther wrote:
    Try the Guadelupe Dunes State park. Not so many people go there. I shot the dunes there without any footprints.

thanks for the tip
    Rags
    edited March 18, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

Thanks.

I was real cranky. The day before I was at Antelope Canyon and it sucked.

The light in March only lights the top 15'+/-. the 20' black shaft leading to it just increases the dynamic range problem. the walls were dim mud color. It was really crowded. Loads of slow moving folks and cameras. Waiting to pass, people stumbling into my frame... ugh...
    Rags
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    While Andy was running through his own pics there were actually areas covered in ripplesclap.gif

493799267_AYfXh-S.jpg

It is not easy in the parks today with all the folks wanting to take photos. You really need to get lucky and be there at the right time.
    There is always the option of visiting the dunes in Julyne_nau.gif
    Honestly it comes down to the odds, you need to spend time returning to these popular locations to get the best conditionsdeal.gif I hope to see you out there sprinting for the good light.
    edited March 18, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Thanks.

I was real cranky. The day before I was at Antelope Canyon and it sucked.

The light in March only lights the top 15'+/-. the 20' black shaft leading to it just increases the dynamic range problem. the walls were dim mud color. It was really crowded. Loads of slow moving folks and cameras. Waiting to pass, people stumbling into my frame... ugh...

I've never been to Antelope Canyon. That sounds like a long drive. It's hard to keep up a positive attitude while swirling around with the unwashed masses- let alone driving a couple hundred miles or so between sessions.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited March 18, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    I've never been to Antelope Canyon. That sounds like a long drive. It's hard to keep up a positive attitude while swirling around with the unwashed masses- let alone driving a couple hundred miles or so between sessions.

Well I guess it was more than a couple of hundred miles. I was on my way back from a coast to coast & back on my bike and was really disappointed.

you're right it is hard to keep a positive attitude... rolleyes1.gif

Rags
    Rags
  • GriffinGriffin Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Well I can sympathize - you just have to remind yourself that other people have different intentions than you. It just makes the shot with no foot prints all the more valuable.

I can remember sitting at delicate arch with at least 25 other photographers waiting for the perfect sunset light and someone in a bright parka decides to lay down at the bottom of the arch! .... fortunately they moved before the "perfect" light came.