Toddler Session

crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in People
Had a good shoot with this incredibly fun toddler. C & C Encouraged.

493726082_mdQYG-L.jpg

493721220_YpdE6-L.jpg

493730520_U9DNA-L.jpg

493736975_Yj2V7-L.jpg

493734510_ufCCG-L.jpg

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Hey I LIKE that first one. Looks like he just won th derby!clap.gif
  • printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Wow! What a great model. These are just adorable. I think #1 is great! wings.gif

#5 seems a bit "blown out" over his shoulder. I can't tell where the background and his shoulder meet it all seems to blend together. Not sure if its my monitor or the pic. Cute shot none-the-less.

I am dying to shoot a "little one" like this.
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    These are really a lot of fun!! #1 is really nice with great energy you captured.

My only gripe about these is that he appears to be looking above the camera and not into the camera. Tough one with toddlers. Were you or a parent high above trying to get him to look at you?

Only #4 has him directly engaged with the viewer. It's a nice shot, but I don't care for the PP on that one. It seems to need a little more contrast and levels adjustment.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Love the energy in these and the subject placement in #2. What type of main light are you using and how high in relation to him. His eyes look a little dark as if not enough light getting into them. (under his brows).
  • crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.

Responses:

Yes, #5 does appear blown over his left shoulder on this crappy laptop I'm on right now. However, when I processed them (main computer) it didn't appear blown. We'll see, the prints are on the way. Good eye!

Yes, his Mom was behind me and mostly standing. I was shooting sitting down or on my belly. But this is great feedback, I will now remember to tell the Moms they have to get lower.

The main was a 580ex through an umbrella that was sitting on top of a light stand almost as low as it would go. The problem we had is that he was all wound up (actually a good thing) and kept running between where I wanted him and then back to his Mom. When he would return to the "spot" he would flop down. Putting the umbrella probably a full 3-4 feet above his eye line.

Thanks again.