DSS # 21 -First Try

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you guys think about this first attempt?
Is the idea interesting and/or what should I do to improve?
Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
a.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    It's good, but you need to improve your typography i think
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    I really like the photo. It works with the title too. I don't have an eye for graphic design, but I suspect that PyroPrints is right. Maybe some of the wizards here can give you some concrete suggestions. Or just go to your favorite book store and look at the covers on mysteries and see if that sparks some different ideas.

Great start!

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Big thumbs up from me - I like it, even the typeface (although I quesetion whether the metallic look necessarily fits 100% with the mood).
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    I agree with Pyro. Great picture, but the type conflicts with the lighting and makes it a little hard to read, specially on the upper left/middle. It doesn't stand out.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Great shot! But I have to agree with the others about the typeface. Perhaps try making the typeface in color?
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Okay, thanks for the advice.
    That was one of my first tries with lettering incorporated into my pictures.
    Okay, I will try not to do metallic looking ones but I was right in sticking with non-color letter with this?
    Anyway I will try again soon and post soon.
    Thanks,
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Okay, thanks for the advice.
    That was one of my first tries with lettering incorporated into my pictures.
    Okay, I will try not to do metallic looking ones but I was right in sticking with non-color letter with this?
    Anyway I will try again soon and post soon.
    Thanks,
    a.
    Personally I would like to just see white lettering. Color, I think, would look out of place on the B&W photo.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Can you try right-justified on the title? I wonder how that would look. The step-justification of the text is distracting me. Maybe just me though.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Nice idea. I think the text only being in the black or dark are might be better.

I guess I should add that I just think that it takes away from the shadows on the shot which is a big part of what I like about it.

Peace, gail