some very good action shots. That 2nd shot is my favthumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    The photos are OK, but that logo in the bottom right-hand corner is terribly distracting. At first, they seem like some object in the frame...something that should have been cloned out. In photo #2 it looks like there was a cereal box on the ground and you forgot to crop it out.

Logos and watermarks, in my opinion, should be unobtrusive and placed where they don't attract the eye. They should not be a focal point if the image. I'm not at all sure that they are necessary at all when the image is placed in a forum to be commented on. It's not like people come here with image theft in mind.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    nice series.....

TonyCooper: think of it like this: This is one of the easiest places to steal photos......there is no safe guard to stop anyone from doing it.ne_nau.gif sad but true
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• insanefredinsanefred Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    TonyCooper wrote:
    The photos are OK, but that logo in the bottom right-hand corner is terribly distracting. At first, they seem like some object in the frame...something that should have been cloned out. In photo #2 it looks like there was a cereal box on the ground and you forgot to crop it out.

Logos and watermarks, in my opinion, should be unobtrusive and placed where they don't attract the eye. They should not be a focal point if the image. I'm not at all sure that they are necessary at all when the image is placed in a forum to be commented on. It's not like people come here with image theft in mind.

I changed them...
    How about that?
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    nice series.....

TonyCooper: think of it like this: This is one of the easiest places to steal photos......there is no safe guard to stop anyone from doing it.ne_nau.gif sad but true

I suppose. I don't watermark, and wouldn't know if a photo of mine was used by someone else. Actually, I wouldn't care and might even be flattered.

The images posted in these forums are to show off your work or to put your work up for critique. If the watermark or logo distracts, then it's at counter-purpose to the reason you posted it.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/