Mitzvah Day 2009

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited March 18, 2009 in People
My temple had it's annual Mitzvah Day this Sunday. "Mitzvah" means acts of kindness or good deeds.
Once again, I was the "official" photographer.

A great opportunity to get a shot of most of the congregation.

492204698_cfh5X-XL.jpg

Sandwiches and other goodies were made and baked for a local homeless shelter.

492205182_w8Gis-L.jpg

492205665_VjYFE-L.jpg

Vegetable gardens were planted.

492209823_QrYsT-L.jpg

Invasive plants were removed from local parks.

492214955_nzXp2-L.jpg

Cars were washed as a fundraiser to send needy children to summer camp.

492214072_WYCoq-L.jpg

Samantha got into the helping spirit!
492220208_CCmBd-L.jpg

One of her friends taking a break.

492226553_u22AM-L.jpg

Songs were sung at the end of the day.

492231271_ryidw-L.jpg

What a great day!!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    These are great Mitchell!

It's funny how "official" we become once it's common knowledge that we are passionate photographers! .....but that's what it really all about anyway....right?clap.gif

Oh....and...that might be the mother of all group shots! Very well executed in what looks to be....well...less than ideal light conditions. What a trooper!thumb.gif
  • XanderturesXandertures Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Oh....and...that might be the mother of all group shots! Very well executed in what looks to be....well...less than ideal light conditions. What a trooper!thumb.gif

No kidding! Great job! clap.gif
    Nikon D750 | Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G | SB-700 & 2 SB-600's - Powered by SmugMug!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are great Mitchell!

It's funny how "official" we become once it's common knowledge that we are passionate photographers! .....but that's what it really all about anyway....right?clap.gif

Thanks, Jeff. Nothing like shooting into the bright, Florida sun while on top of a 20ft ladder while trying to get a few hundred people to listen to you and look your way!eek7.gif

I had prayed for some cloud cover, but that wasn't in the cards. Unfortunately, half the group is in the sun and the other half is in the shade. I did the best I could.ne_nau.gif