Options

Images not Showing in Search Engines

shutterdropshutterdrop Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 21, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there any way to get my Smugmug Portfolio images to show in Google search?

I notice Flickr which is own by Yahoo Pop-up everywhere. I not see any reference to images on Smugmug. I am very disappoint and would like to see this issue address.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited March 18, 2009
    There's a pretty long discussion on image search results that's been going on in this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=45537. Check the posts toward the end of the thread.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009

I notice Flickr which is own by Yahoo Pop-up everywhere. I not see any reference to images on Smugmug. I am very disappoint and would like to see this issue address.
    Your site is? ear.gif
  • Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    How about you website?
    Intead of pounding your head against the cement to get your Smugmug images to appear in Google..

why not work on your Website showing up on Google's first page for keyword phrases related to your content and relevance?

I be you can get your website to show up faster then your images? ;-)
    And isn't that what you want anyway... for visitors to find their way
    to your website to see your images?

Markjay

Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!