Creepy Self Port

Marshmallow ManMarshmallow Man Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited March 18, 2009 in People
havent posted in a while....

first time playing with my hotshoe after i got them...

3345486729_ac78dede02_o.png

Strobist: SB600 @ 1/4 Directly Camera Left about 1ft about head shot into umbrella

let me know what u think
- Roy

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    While I like the idea, for some reason the high angle makes you look as though you are a midget. (Sorry if you actually are a midget. But I really do think it is the angle) Your arms look out of proportion to your noggin... and I can just envision your little legs. It is actually a little more funny than creepy. Also, there needs to be more separation between you and your background and your whites are blown. Your shoulder fades into oblivion.

(Please God, let him not be a midget for real.:D)
  • Marshmallow ManMarshmallow Man Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    (Please God, let him not be a midget for real.:D)

what are you making fun of my small stature of 5ft 11inches .... shheeessh!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

yah this again was the first time playing with the hotshoe off camera.. i was going for the blown out creepy dream style look to it...

i can see my shoulder line just fine...
    - Roy

• ScrubsScrubs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    I like the idea. I think what could also look cool is bare Flash behind your head - facing wall. It will bounce back and you will get some light wrap on the sides of your face The background will look blown out dreamy but give you that more moody edge. It will also give your shirt a little definition from the wall because the image is pretty overexposed your kinda blending into the wall. You can position a silver reflector (tin foil if you don't have) in front of you at the side a little to reflect the flash bouncing off the wall on to your Knife and face for a little shimmer.