Dust Blobs from Hell!

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 19, 2009 in Cameras
I have a Nikon D300. I had 1 large dust blob on the sensor. I blew it out using a small bulb-thingy I had. Pretty happy to get rid of it. However, I took some pictures yesterday afternoon only to find I introduced at leaset 20 smaller blobs!!!! :(: I tried using the built in sensor cleaning utility but that didn't help.

What is the best method to remove these little boogers or should I just take my camera into the shop to have it professionally done? :help
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Well you could send it in to a professional or you can try to do it yourself.

I use copperhill cleaning kits to clean my sensors.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    the COPPER HILL METHOD ............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Thanks guys. Reading through the tutorial now. Will post back if I have any questions.

My Smug Site
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    OK... read through the Copper Hill site. The problem I have is that I have a planned shoot this weekend so I don't think I will have time to order the recommend cleaning agents they offer and have them arrive in time. I checked all my local stores and none of them offer the same thing. They do sell this:

84965_p.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this?

My Smug Site
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    They do sell this:

84965_p.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this?

Index cards and a toothbrush? No don't think I recommend that rolleyes1.gif

Seriously, the wet method works when blowing doesn't, and I only recommend Copper Hill like others.

However, I do have a brush, that I use dry, that works well in a pinch. It certainly does a better job than blowing. I of course got it from Copper Hill, but there are plenty of similar ones around, you can likely find on locally. You just need a can of air to give it static charge, and never, ever, ever, touch it with your greasy hands.

http://www.copperhillimages.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=1
    edited March 19, 2009
    Thanks... I actually found the Photographic Solutions products at my local Calumet store. Just need to drive over tomorrow.

My Smug Site