My 3.5 Year Old Son - Inward Reflection contrasted with Tossed Sand

conkerconker Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 20, 2009 in People
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie, having just purchased a Nikon D90 a couple of months ago. I am having a great time, and hope to learn a lot form these forums. There ares some pictures (handful out of many!) that I am just so proud of and stand out for me. Currently, one of my faves. Enjoy!

Comments

• lyttlevietlyttleviet Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    I love it iloveyou.gif
  • cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    that's a great shot! Well done!
    CW
    (shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Good action. How did you do the B&W conversion? The reason I ask is I think you could use a bit of levels adjustment to set your black point on this one.

I'm also torn about the people in the upper right corner. Of course I know he's at a beach and there are other people around, I just find those elements distracting and they add nothing to the photo. I'd be tempted to clone them out or add a vignette to de-emphasize the bright area upper right.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Oh, and welcome to DGrin. Keep on posting. I've been lusting after that great camera of yours.
  • conkerconker Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 19, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    Good action. How did you do the B&W conversion? The reason I ask is I think you could use a bit of levels adjustment to set your black point on this one.

I'm also torn about the people in the upper right corner. Of course I know he's at a beach and there are other people around, I just find those elements distracting and they add nothing to the photo. I'd be tempted to clone them out or add a vignette to de-emphasize the bright area upper right.

Awesome, this is why I joined. These are great tips! I used SmugMug's automatic B&W conversion. I didn't do any special B&W processing.

I will try editing out the people, and I think your comment about the bright are is spot on. Thanks!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Welcome! Cute shot I do agree it could use a little adjustment =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG