Amelia Island Concours......

HuzbandHuzband Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited March 19, 2009 in Sports
One of the premier events in the states, rivaling Pebble Beach for the top spot. This was last Sunday, but I've just now gotten some of the almost three hundred shots uploaded. Given the venue, it's a tough shoot, with an emphasis on patience. Here's a small sample. Input welcome.

493744569_8xE5W-L.jpg

493744265_hh8Fd-L.jpg

493743580_6Nqm5-L.jpg

493743600_ZNdiD-L.jpg
"Most of us work from life as a starting point." Ken Rockwell

Canon 50D, 30D, various lenses
'08 BMW R12RT "Hammerhead"
'08 KLR 685 "Rover"
'03 Golden Retriever "Farley"

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Very nice shots. The angle and perspective in #1 is very good.

I also really like the last shot. I've always had a thing for the Ford GT40 since the days when it was beating the world at LeMans.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • StilltimeStilltime Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Wow, very cool. I like all of them, and my only comments would be that the crop could be a bit neater to get rid of some distractions.

In #1 you can barely see someone's hand and foot on the right side of the frame. In #2 there is something in the frame again on the right side (a white object). #3 seems fine, but in #4 you cut the very tip of the front end off.

In love the angles in 1 and 2 though. Were you sitting on the ground for #1?
  • HuzbandHuzband Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Stilltime wrote:
    Wow, very cool. I like all of them, and my only comments would be that the crop could be a bit neater to get rid of some distractions.

In #1 you can barely see someone's hand and foot on the right side of the frame. In #2 there is something in the frame again on the right side (a white object). #3 seems fine, but in #4 you cut the very tip of the front end off.

In love the angles in 1 and 2 though. Were you sitting on the ground for #1?
    #1; I waited for almost five minutes while the passenger was having a conversation with a guy beside the car. The second he was out of the frame, I clicked. Didn't even see the one on the right till I saw it on the computer. 11doh.gif The car was on a rise, & I was kneeling for the effect.

#2; Again, missed the sign prop till it was on the screen.

#4; Yeah, I was more than disappointed when I saw that. But I could use the excuse that he was starting to move fairly quickly, & I was about to have the sun in my face. :D Look close at the blue table curtain & you can see the grass he was throwing up. mwink.gif He got applause from most, & a few frowns from others. It is a golf coarse, after all.

All of these are out of the camera. I haven't had time to monkey with crops or other adjustments yet.

Thanks for the comments.
    "Most of us work from life as a starting point." Ken Rockwell

Canon 50D, 30D, various lenses
    '08 BMW R12RT "Hammerhead"
    '08 KLR 685 "Rover"
    '03 Golden Retriever "Farley"