Challenge 40--first attempt

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited June 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Number 1 preventable death. In theory it is dangerous but I don't know if it shows enough DANGER:dunno

343%3A6%3C2723232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238784%3B34%3B%3Bot1lsi

Comments and critiques always welcome:thumb

Thanks for looking,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    no, not really, IMO. Of course if the voters have just had a crisis re lung problems, that would "help" with your photo.

Other than that, if that were that scary, my daughter with severe emphasyma, and getting worse, and asthma might stop smoking. Doesn't scare a smoker.

I was one, made me nervous, made me angry at the govt's treatment of the tobacco industry, but it didn't make me quit. Just "concerned" me. A photo like that did.

Now it makes me cough from this strange allergy I developed to cigarette smoke............years after I quit in 1991.

ginger (What is real danger to a smoker is that they are running out of cigarettes in the middle of the night..................silly them.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Also, are you a smoker? You could put a whole pack of cigarettes, smoked, in the photo, it might be more effective.............then a photo of Peter Jennings.

g (Or a kid smoking, that might grab some people)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Thanks for the honesty gingerthumb.gif I know it can cause danger, disease, death..etc., but looking at it doesn't really say danger. Thought I would give it a try anywayne_nau.gif Yes I am a smoker, come from a long line of smokers, trying to quit though. Probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    The Dangers of Smoking
    As a long term smoker :jose I'd put the danger of starting a fire higher than the view of an ashtray and cig.

What about getting an old chair outside. Fill or whatever looks 'right' an ashtray with butts, tip it (carefully) into the corner of the chair, a burning cig positioned to start a fire and start shooting it as it gets control....

Keep some water handy and don't even think about trying this indoors. Watch for foam fumes....

Just an idea...ne_nau.gif

Bod.....
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    "trying to quit though. Probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

I won't preach here, but STOP believing the lies that have been spoonfed to us for years!

I put this together a while ago, hopefully it will help you open your eyes!.

http://members.tripod.com/nicodemon33020/

In addition if you really want to quit and want help, here is a great support site

www.quitnet.com

Best of luck to you!

Joe B
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    I'm pretty much with the others that this alone doesn't give me a thrill, although the picture itself is ad-worthy. Now flick a cigarette into some gasoline, and THAT'S when I'll vote for you! rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    your danger
    i like the shot, mostly because of the little smoke. i under stand everyone's view though too, that they don't think it is dangerouse. i do though i think looks good. but i don't know what your best work is either.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~