*ENTRY* Thread DSS #22: Transportation - Surprise Lightning Round!

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #22 - 3-Day Lightning Round

Welcome to Round #22 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member. It will run from Friday, March 20, 08:00am, EST time (GMT -5) to Monday, March 23, 08:00am, EST time (GMT -5).

The topic ready for your interpretation: Transportation

There are many ways to get from point A to point B, and rarely ever in a straight line. So get a move on! You have three days to jump in to this lightning round.

Your Judges:
annnna8888 (Winner of DSS Round #19)
Llywellyn (Guest Judge)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a Smugmug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your exif will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some slight modifications.

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 19, 2009
    Holy moly!!! Lightning round is an understatement! This should be really interesting...keeping us from slacking off then huh??? Ok I am off to shoot quick!

Out of curiosity...is all the other stuff the same as before...so like this winner will judge #24 or #23?

EDIT....I read the challenge rules and see where its now the direct challenge following a winners announcement...so now I got it.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Just in case: yep, all the same rules apply, and the winner of this round will judge round #24. All the prizes apply, too. It's just like a normal round, except for the timeline. deal.gif

You didn't think we'd actually let you take an entire month off, did you? mwink.gif
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    eek7.gif I am still pondering a book cover --now transportation wowza!!
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
    edited March 20, 2009
    ilbcnu wrote:
    eek7.gif I am still pondering a book cover --now transportation wowza!!

Think of it as a little vacation from all that planning. :cavig :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    i went on a little walk today in my travels...ive been under non-posting anxiety eek7.gif

so its just me passing through...times are crazy...miss ya allwave.gif

and umm, Llywellyn, what in the world happened around here? im glad to see your heading this outfit of misfitsrolleyes1.gif ( i would hope you considered me one)
    Aaron Nelson
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    What a great idea! And I love the "lightning round," too. thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited March 21, 2009
    and umm, Llywellyn, what in the world happened around here? im glad to see your heading this outfit of misfitsrolleyes1.gif ( i would hope you considered me one)
    The Mods that be were crazy enough to let me head this thing. See what you miss when you're gone? mwink.gif
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    What a great idea! And I love the "lightning round," too. thumb.gif
    You can thank Emily for the idea. It was her brilliance. thumb.gif I'm still figuring out how I'm going to shake things up my own way. naughty.gif
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 22, 2009
    Well Kerry....you put a spark back under my tuckus to get me out and shooting for something. I was lucky to get both challenges shot in one day! But it got me thinkging again. My way of relaxing from my work is to do these challenges. That is my way of fun!!! You all are the greatest!wings.gif
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    Been away for a few days...
    Almost missed this... don't know if I will get something in time or not. BUT, I love that this "lightning round" was thrown in, even if I don't enter. It's fun to see what folks come up with on short notice!
    Good luck all!!
    :D
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    guess I'll have to check in more often. I didn't see this until today either.

Good luck everyone.

g
  • manfredmanfred Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    wow - busy weekend - completely missed this headscratch.gif and i'm still working on the book cover
    Being part of the "pond life" is OK - just keep aspiring

http://davemann.smugmug.com

Canon 40D. Canon - 100mm macro, 24-105 IS USM, 70-300 IS USM DO, Speedlite 580EX
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Yeah, I was happy to see this one show up as #21 was going to require tools I don't carry when travelling. I spent 4-5 hours out yesterday shooting and only wish I'd had two days (had to work on Saturday) to cover more of the interesting streets for cycle / car, um, interaction.
    edited March 23, 2009
    I hope you all enjoyed the lightning round! :D This round is now closed.

We only had one DQ this time around: koush. Neat entry, but the exif was stripped.

We now return you to your book cover planning! thumb.gif

ETA: Two entries popped up after the 8am EST deadline, so they were also DQ'd. AnnasPhotos and tbsharp, very nice entries. Enter before the deadline next round to avoid DQ.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Hey Kerry (great inaugral job by the way!)

Will there be any judges' feedback for the lightning round? Just wondering....

Thanks!
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Hey Kerry (great inaugral job by the way!)

Will there be any judges' feedback for the lightning round? Just wondering....

Thanks!

thumb.gif Subscribe bowdown.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited March 24, 2009
    Angie injured her thumb and was typing one-handed yesterday to send me her top ten, so I asked her to leave comments for her top ten when she regained function of her second typing hand. :D I'll be leaving comments for my top ten when I have a moment. thumb.gif

All comments will be entered into the gallery.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Thanks Kerry! No rush, I was just curious what the position was since this round was a little different. Thanks! :D