DSS #21- Think back to JR HI

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited March 21, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So this is what I came up with after a little bit of messing around.
The other thing is that the silhouette is a shape I downloaded a looong time ago... I just altered it a bit. (Well quite a bit- shrunk the boobs and made the skirt longer, took off her stiletto heels and added a magnifying glass)

495190160_4eo7N-M-1.jpg

Should I pursue this further? Or is it just too cliche'. I did show it to my daughter (2nd grade) and she said, "A new Nancy Drew? We have got to get that one!". I had to laugh. Yeah, I am on a cover of a Nancy Drew.:rofl

Its another mystery book. I do have another idea up my sleeve, but to make it happen will be tricky.

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    That's a fantastic job! thumb.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Really nice! Great photo, spot-on treatment with good use of selective color, and interesting typography. My only very nit-picky thought is that the smoke might look better without the slight green push in the "middle." Other than that, you really have that smart and (dare I say) bookishly sexy detective look down!
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    I like it.
    Growing with Dgrin

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 20, 2009
    wow great work Heather!thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    bookishly sexy detective

Well that is a new one for me.... rolleyes1.gif

Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about my "green smoke". All it is is the gradient overlay preset with red and orange. I'll have to do a custom one.

Thanks.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Good grief Heather - I mean, I know you were the child bride, but in that photo you really LOOK like you're barely old enough to be in highschool!!! (that's a compliment, btw rolleyes1.gif)

Great job, and another thumb.gifthumb You're on a roll!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Good grief Heather - I mean, I know you were the child bride, but in that photo you really LOOK like you're barely old enough to be in highschool!!! (that's a compliment, btw rolleyes1.gif)

Great job, and another thumb.gifthumb You're on a roll!

Ha ha...I guess photoshop is a pretty effective tool. I bet I am not the only one on this forum that finds themselves looking at the mirror with frustration because there is no patch tool for real life. In real life I look my age. Don't believe me, ask JAG. I am an old lady.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Diva... Too bad I didn't have such a great other idea. We will see if I can make myself stick to this one.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Ha ha...I guess photoshop is a pretty effective tool. I bet I am not the only one on this forum that finds themselves looking at the mirror with frustration because there is no patch tool for real life. In real life I look my age. Don't believe me, ask JAG. I am an old lady.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Diva... Too bad I didn't have such a great other idea. We will see if I can make myself stick to this one.

HA!! Well, I'm rigiht there with you (and OLDER than you, so I get to complain about it more! lol)

And omg - can you imagine the fortune a "real life patch tool" would make? Help ma boab, we'd be set up for life (and beyond!)