More lacrosse pix

ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited March 23, 2009 in Sports
Hi,
I think we need another lax thread. I know you're out there up to your elbows in game pictures by now. So I thought i'd start one.
The University of Rhode Island and University of North Texas apparently are both here in San Diego for spring break so they played here yesterday. here's a couple pix...
Goalie trying desperately to stop a fast break when he was way out of position
494979799_xKMS2-M.jpg

player dove to try to stop the ball from going out and there is it, taunting him at the end of his stick.
494981574_jqaNC-M.jpg

Wasn't UNT's day, this is not a goal (I think it hit the post).
495147105_AJUaX-M.jpg

ok your turn. More lax pix.
:D

Comments

• wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Nice work!

The second shot really shows one of the difficulty of good sportings shooting--shooting wide open with a short DOF. The helmet is tack sharp--the shoes are getting blurry. You're better than me--I would have only gotten shoes in focus...rolleyes1.gif
    Regards

Will
    Lax Action Photos
    Some shots from Birmingham-Southern v. Greensboro game on March 1 in Greensboro. 34 degrees and pouring rain...
    483200708_trFny-M-1.jpg
    483190785_hKsWR-M-1.jpg
    483206979_zMo6e-M-1.jpg
  • oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    AsSkip -some nice shots
    Did the Goalie throw is stick????? Did he get a penalty??

BSlax - I hope you guys beat Greensboro
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • bsclaxbsclax Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2009
    oldtime wrote:
    BSlax - I hope you guys beat Greensboro
    Thanks for asking--they lost, 14-8, but they are a new team this year (all freshman) and it was just their second game. They are 2-5 now and improving.
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    oldtime wrote:
    AsSkip -some nice shots
    Did the Goalie throw is stick????? Did he get a penalty??
    Hi,
    sorry for delay, just getting unburied from the weekend. yep, the goalie threw his stick, but it didn't stop the guy getting a goal. With all the whistling I couldn't tell if there was some kind of penalty, maybe, but not one that made the goalie sit out.

and bsclax, brr. Here I think it's cold when it's 50 out. Rain and 34 degrees... ow. Love the splashes in the pix!
  • bsclaxbsclax Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    Hi,
    and bsclax, brr. Here I think it's cold when it's 50 out. Rain and 34 degrees... ow. Love the splashes in the pix!
    We live in Northern CA (Bay Area) so this wasn't what are used to either! I was hoping for a nice, warm day in the South. The next weekend was in the 70s there so I just missed it by a week.

Here are a couple more shots showing how wet it was that morning. This why they invented turf fields.

483191337_x3uiN-M-1.jpg

483192032_dauF2-M-1.jpg