Perked Up

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Just looking for some C&C on this picture of my grandpa's horse...please...
Thanks
Courtney
horse1.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I think you got a really nice head shot..... His ears are up and he looks really alert.......thumb.gif For C&C.....I would level the picture....The next time remove the halter, it's in bad shape and doesn't add to the picture. I think that it would have been better composition to have placed the horse on the right side of the picture so he would be looking into the picture...... BYA...... azzaro

just cause i say it don't make it so........
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I think you got a really nice head shot..... His ears are up and he looks really alert.......thumb.gif For C&C.....I would level the picture....The next time remove the halter, it's in bad shape and doesn't add to the picture. I think that it would have been better composition to have placed the horse on the right side of the picture so he would be looking into the picture...... BYA...... azzaro

just cause i say it don't make it so........

thank you for your C&C. Actually I believe the picture is level however the bar (fence) is not ha. It is rusted and falling apart which gives the impression that the picture is tilted. I agree with you about the halter as well as the placement of the horse. Thanks again!
    Court
    Courtney
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    A beautiful horse, for sure. You captured the most important element of shooting a horse--ears up, and forward. I agree with Azzaro about the halter...I would have removed it. Although, maybe still functional, it is a bit beat up. The top of the fence rail is a bit distracting. Since it is a horse you know, follow him around his pasture or arena and get candids that don't look like you are shooting over a fence.

Plus one tip: I've found shooting horses: Have a key ring full of keys (or even your own key set) and toss them in the air, catch them, and slip them back into your pocket, and all horses within ear shot will have picked up their ears and pointed them towards you for a great shot.
    Growing with Dgrin

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    It is a nice view of the horse's face and coloring. If you want to do some PP, you could crop above the bar and eliminate that issue. And try some cloning of the most obvious parts of the halter and that piece of grass. Regardless, this is a nice model to work with--hope you get to take more shots!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com