Options

Private Customers Ranking Images?

tundracampertundracamper Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited March 24, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am about to upload 100 or so images of different poses/etc. to a private/unlisted gallery. I would like for the customer to be able to pick out the top 10 or 20 poses that they like. I would then post process those to provide "Proofs" from which the customer to choose. I don't think PhotoRank or Comments/Stars will allow me to easily do this.

PhotoRank - I can't search for the popular files since the gallery is unlisted and password protected. I see no way to sort my images by PhotoRank.

Comments/Stars - This feature requires the person entering the Stars to enter some Code that prevents spamming. I am not going to ask my customer to enter 20 different codes. That's too much work for them. Is there a way to disable this feature?

I do not see an easy way (single click) for the customer to tag the images they like best for an initial round of culling. I will be very disappointed if I can't find something that will work.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Hello, I'm very sorry we don't have this feature. I wish I had a better answer for you, I really, really do.
  • Options
    tundracampertundracamper Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hello, I'm very sorry we don't have this feature. I wish I had a better answer for you, I really, really do.

Thanks for the quick response. At least now I won't waste any time trying to figure out how to do this.

This seems like a feature that would be REALLY nice to add in the future. It seems like all you would have to do is remove the Spam Code requirement for galleries that are unlisted or password protected. At least then it would only take a couple of clicks to add the stars and NOT require any text to be entered.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I've run into this problem, too. Another DGrin user suggested uploading the filenames as captions so the client can just e-mail you their favorites as a list (copying and pasting the captions as text). It isn't elegant, but it works.
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I've run into this problem, too. Another DGrin user suggested uploading the filenames as captions so the client can just e-mail you their favorites as a list (copying and pasting the captions as text). It isn't elegant, but it works.

Another option would be to make sure that the photos are arranged in a fixed way (not randomized in order every time you open the gallery as I believe some settings allow) and then just have them email you the number of the photos in the gallery.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Another option would be to make sure that the photos are arranged in a fixed way (not randomized in order every time you open the gallery as I believe some settings allow) and then just have them email you the number of the photos in the gallery.

I actually did it that way the first time, but there was a hiccup and the client received the wrong photo (not sure what the hiccup was since I always fix the order of my images, but something was buggy). Now I go by file name to make extra, super sure I deliver the right image. thumb.gif