#21 View from above...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
wouldn't you like to see what they see? I got lucky yesterday and found this guy perched on a split rail fence outside the eagle's exhibit at Anchorage zoo. The zoo guide said that this young yearling was not part of the zoo and was probably drawn to the pair of eagles in the cage...not to mention that there is easy pickins at the zoo after the animals are fed.
495831118_VCRdt-L-1.jpg

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Very cool photoclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I really like that!! The picture is great and I like the book cover aspect to it.
    I went to the zoo Tuesday in Dallas... but no Eagles sitting around there except the sad ones in the cage. Our ones at the Refuge have headed north I guess. They haven't been seen in a couple of weeks.
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    That's an amzing photo! Nice job with the book idea!

:D
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 21, 2009
    Thanks! I think this is the best eagle shot I have ever taken!clap.gif
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Thanks! I think this is the best eagle shot I have ever taken!clap.gif

How close was the eagle? I am just curious... amazed that it sat there and posed for you.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    edited March 22, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    How close was the eagle? I am just curious... amazed that it sat there and posed for you.

About 20 yards. I used a 200mm lens. I'm thinking that it was too young to make up its mind about humans. But when my lil one took a few steps closer...the eagles in the exibited started screaming and this eagle then decided to take off. You can see some more of my zoo pictures on this thread...
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1071018#post1071018
  • rookersrookers Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2009
    I only have one word for this photo: GREAT!!
    edited March 23, 2009
    Thanks Dan and rookers. Dan coming from you that means alot as I consider YOU are one of the best bird capturers I have ever seen! I finally got some more eagle pictures up in the gallery HERE.