#22 Morning commute

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taken yesterday on the way to Anchorage zoo for a field trip. Used my Nikon point and shoot for this one...even though I did have my big camera in the car. The sun was just coming up over the mountains in my rear veiw mirror and I had just passed the bus with the other kids going on the field trip were. I think that is Mount Hood off in the distance (just above the mirror). And the part of the Matanuska Mountain Range is what you see in the mirror.
495829129_yuvBu-L.jpg

Comments

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Cool! I had thoughts of something similar (except through an airplane window instead of a car) but wasn't able to take advantage of the 'opportunity'. If I hadn't thought I'd get arrested for terrorism for taking pictures in an airport, I would have jumped on the numerous photo ops I noticed today.

I really like the reflection in the car's side mirror. :D

Sherry
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Oooh Love it!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Wow, that's great! The school bus definitely adds to the sense of "morning commute" to the shot. Great colors.

Had I seen that mountain and sunrise in my rear-view mirror I would have made an abrupt U-turn and the kids would have had to wait a few hours on their field-trip :D
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I am just glad that I'm not the only one driving down the road and takling pictures. I have friends scared to see me coming down the road.

I like the fact that the reflection is so sharp while the scenery shows that you were driving. It is a nice contrast and draws you eye to the mirror. That is a beautiful view... I might be like Ron and have to turn around for the shot.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 21, 2009
    Thank you all. I wish I could have turned around....but my lil one really was looking forward to the zoo. Glad I didn't turn around cause I would have missed the great eagle shots I got. Sunrises happen everyday...but great eagle opportunities are hard to come by.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I love it! Man, it's gorgeous up there :D
  • rookersrookers Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2009
    It's just great, I only wish I could make photos like that.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 23, 2009
    Thanks DMum and Rookers. I guess I should have mentioned that the "ice" you see out the window is part of the Knick (first k is hard) River which one of the major run offs of the Matanuska Glacier to the Cook Inlet. Could you imagine that back in 1964, after the greatest earthquake in Alaska...a 9.2 magnatude...caused a tidal wave to cover the whole area in which I was traveling on? Its amazing the history of this place. As you can see not much has grown back....