Options

email from godaddy when using smugmug

Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
edited March 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
First, I hope this is in the right section.
Now, I was looking over my account info provided to me when I used the partnership between smugmug and godaddy for my domain name and registration. I believe I received a free email account when I did this. I need a little assistance in getting it to work. Instead of using a yahoo account, I want to use my domain name instead. When I set this up, I get an error : Pending set up: MX error. Is there something else I need to do to correct this? Also, does anyone know if it works with a Mac? It appears to use microsoft outlook.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    anyone got any ideas here????
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Hello, the message got lost because it was in the customizing forum. I've moved it.

Please contact godaddy.com directly regarding your email account. They can & will help you set up your goaddy email.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    I had this exact same problem when I first signed up. Call Godaddy. Don't rely on their emails. Once they reset the email program it will take up to an hour.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    First, I hope this is in the right section.
    Now, I was looking over my account info provided to me when I used the partnership between smugmug and godaddy for my domain name and registration. I believe I received a free email account when I did this. I need a little assistance in getting it to work. Instead of using a yahoo account, I want to use my domain name instead. When I set this up, I get an error : Pending set up: MX error. Is there something else I need to do to correct this? Also, does anyone know if it works with a Mac? It appears to use microsoft outlook.

YES YOU SHOULD HAVE gotten 1 free email addy with your domain purchase.....just sign in and gop to your acct and go to email in the long list if it says there is no email acct for you then look for FREE email or acct in the list.....you may find that you want to separate how emails come to you and purchase a block of 5 or more....I do not use all of mine yet but have a block of five purcahsed and 1 free to try and keep the lookers and the serious buyers separated and the spam at nil.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hello, the message got lost because it was in the customizing forum. I've moved it.

Please contact godaddy.com directly regarding your email account. They can & will help you set up your goaddy email.

Thanks.

Thanks for putting this in the correct location and directing me in the right direction.
    Also, Thanks to all others for helping me out here. Now, off to call godaddy....