Question about dust blobs

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in Cameras
OK... so per your suggestions, I cleaned my sensor using the copper hill method. Worked like a charm. However, i can still see particals when looking through the view finder but they do not show up in pictures. The particles appear in the same place regardless of the lens I use. I've cleaned the view finder.

Where else do I need to clean to get rid of these annoying little boogers?
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited March 21, 2009
    If you don't see the stuff in images and only in the viewfinder, then the stuff is on the viewfinder screen. If your camera has a removable viewfinder screen then you might have to remove it to clean it completely. You might be able to use a blower to blow it off of the viewfinder screen but it could go elsewhere.

I would use a static type brush to see if that can remove the dust first and then a blower second, trying to blow the stuff out of the camera.

Then check the imager again to see if anything moved back onto the imager.

Stay away from the mirror as much as possible because it can be easily scratched.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    It's on the viewfinder, not the sensor. Sensor dust is on the sensor and hence cannot be seen via the viewfinder.
    Viewfinder dust is on the viewfinder and not the sensor, so it's always visible but never shows up on the image though.

If you can't blow it off, then you can remove the viewfinder and clean it and put it back. You can also ignore it. Since you live in So Cal. you can also have Canon clean it for you. I don't know how much they charge for it though.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    Thanks guys... Dust blobs are all better now. thumb.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site