First picture to be posted here using my new camera

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited March 21, 2009 in People
I do not believe in ghosts whatsoever,:rofl but I guess ya know what I mean by it. It's something I usually see on TVs, especially older ones.
Some are saying they're shadows that were cast by the flash, but there's just something about them that just do not look like shadows to me.
I mean he's about 15-20ft from the wall, yet if it is a shadow, why is it the same exact size as he is? It should be quite a bit larger than he is if it is a shadow.
Also, look at the sides of the benches, (or pews) and the pulpit mic. What do you all think it is? It's like motion blur.
Is there something wrong with the lens or me that caused this? The IS was turned on.
Plus, not only are there ghosts, (or flash shadows) but it isn't sharp as I had hoped and thought it would be.:rolleyes
ʞ1└0

Comments

• catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    This is exactly why getting the flash OFF of the camera and onto a stand or a bracket works so well :) no more 'ghosts'
    //Leah
  • ScrubsScrubs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Hazarding a guess... from the appearance of photo I would say the camera was set to a relatively long exposure that much is apparent
    and the camera set to fire the flash at the second curtain sync. The 'ghosting' being an artifact of the pre-flash ne_nau.gif
  • KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    I had it on 135mm `cos he was far off, and the camera was a tad shaky, so I thought it would be best to turn the IS on. I didn't even wait long. I don't know, beats me.headscratch.gif
    ʞ1└0