#22 - Which one?

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was going to shoot some light trails on the freeway for this challenge, but I already did that on a previous challenge so I decided to invert the perspective and take shots while driving on the freeway.

These were taken on my drive from Seattle to Bellevue tonight (on I-90, which passes through two tunnels which you can see in #3 and #5, and then a little section of I-405).

Right now I think I'd go with #3 but I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

#1:

496153350_gMS2m-L.jpg

#2:

496154744_PzRdG-L.jpg

#3:

496155199_s2hRQ-L.jpg

#4:

496156262_9AxFq-L.jpg

#5:

496155735_2gbhi-L.jpg

#6:

496157256_DgEK2-L.jpg

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 22, 2009
    those are all super cool Ron. I like numbers 1 and 3 the best. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif I takes pics like this all the time when my hubby is driving. It fun to see the results. Did you have it on a timer and set it on the dashboard?
  • koushkoush Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    great shots Ron....I am kinda partial to #3
    don't get your knickers ina twist, it doesn't feel good and makes you walk funny
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    What's it like driving during an earthquake? mwink.gif

I didn't like #2 and #6 all that much and I'm not too sure how to tie it to the theme, other than that they were taken from a travelling vehicle. Otherwise the light trails are interesting and fun to see, especially when they are so vibrant.

Looking again, #3 would probably be my favourite.
  • rookersrookers Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2009
    I think number #6 is also great! I like them all, you did a good job!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    #3 for me.

I do have to say that if you hadn't told me what they were, I would have wondered - for me they come over more as an abstract light than "transport" per se, but they're still very cool!!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    #3 for me too. I think the highway lane markers tie it to the transportation theme, though can't guarantee that the judges will agree. Very, very nice!!

Virginia

Email
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    those are all super cool Ron. I like numbers 1 and 3 the best. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif I takes pics like this all the time when my hubby is driving. It fun to see the results. Did you have it on a timer and set it on the dashboard?

Thanks!

The way I drive, I don't trust putting anything on the dashboard lol3.gif

I had a tripod with two legs on the floor and the third leg angled to the back of the front passenger seat. I used a remote timer that I pretty much was clicking the whole way (I could have had it fire continuously, but I wanted to make sure to get the tunnels even if it meant going 15 seconds without taking a shot). I had to brace the tripod anytime I turned, but otherwise it worked out pretty good.
    edited March 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    #3 for me.

I do have to say that if you hadn't told me what they were, I would have wondered - for me they come over more as an abstract light than "transport" per se, but they're still very cool!!

Thanks - I agree, it's pretty abstract and might not be the perfect fit for the theme, but that's the best I can come up with in 24 hours notice :D
    edited March 22, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll be going with #3 :D