Darby & Titch - Woof, Woof . . . Meow, Meow

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I had forgotten about this photo. This is my dog, Darby, waiting for something to happen. In the background is Titch, the cat we recently lost to the pit bulls. She was sleeping in front of the fireplace. I like how she fades into the background against the gray carpet. We used to call her "the gray ghost" and this image sort of portrays that.

Comments are welcomed. Is there any way to improve either version? Thanks, Lauren

1. Minor levels and shadows/highlights adjustment in Aperture.
496191539_QDpTs-M-1.jpg

2. Single image tonemapping in Photomatix, with some PS curves adj and darkening of carpet.
496183398_dWYpE-M-1.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    Hi Lauren.......Nice shot of your dog.... I like the first one the best.....You might take another look at it using a histogram it looks just a little dark....
    azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I had forgotten about this photo. This is my dog, Darby, waiting for something to happen. In the background is Titch, the cat we recently lost to the pit bulls. She was sleeping in front of the fireplace. I like how she fades into the background against the gray carpet. We used to call her "the gray ghost" and this image sort of portrays that.

Comments are welcomed. Is there any way to improve either version? Thanks, Lauren

1. Minor levels and shadows/highlights adjustment in Aperture.

2. Single image tonemapping in Photomatix, with some PS curves adj and darkening of carpet.

Awwwww what a lovely shot. iloveyou.gif
    Beautiful memories for you of your beloved cat.

....Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin