ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
current entry - going for an ageless kindof vintage feel-

496133326_henf3-L.jpg

color version

496388902_9LuQz-L.jpg

C&C please!!!
Amanda
It is never to late to become what you might have been.
www.behindthezoom.com

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    I like the vintage-y one, but there's something going on with the DOF on the right hand side - it's very grainy and rather than looking out of focus almost looks like actual blur. (Is that from processing or...?) headscratch.gif With the front of the train so pin sharp, the sudden drop clarity to the right of the frame distracts me (it's the gravel, bush and 2nd car back - behind that it's fine and looks like normal DOF blur, but the further forward oof does not.) ne_nau.gif
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    divamum thanks for looking-
    I know what you are seeing...its a pp combination didn't see how bad it was till I posted-
    re work on this one any better??
    496421891_sfBd8-L.jpg
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    The grainyness is much better, but the OOF area is still a bit confusing - I think the problem is that the bush to the right is OOF, but the corresponding part of the train at the same distance is tack sharp so I'm not seeing it as consistent DOF. If you're trying for motion blur, then it needs to have more a sense of moving front to back, if that makes sense.

I do like the shot a lot, however - especially the amazing clarity of the front of the train and it's a great subject! thumb.gif

ETA: I like the version you posted in the gallery with the increased contrast thumb.gif
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    thanks divamum - entered a rework that I think is better. Feeling the "lightning" part of lightning round as I am out of time due to other commitments. (would rather go out and try a reshoot but alas daily life takes over :D )
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com