Options

Moving Backgrounds

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in Finishing School
Well I am having to rely on you good guys again. I have been able to replace backgrounds using both methods. I now find when I try to replace a background, the background replacement goes behind the image ok but is the size of a postage stamp. I have looked and tried everything to enlarge it but without success.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    jjbongjjbong Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    This is because the size and or resolution of the background image is different from the image you're putting it into.

You can either fix it in the background image (Image->Image Size), or you can Free Transform the layer of the background in your new image (Edit->Free Transform with the layer of the background active). If you use the Free Transform, make sure you have the link selected in the toolbar - this ensures that the horizontal and vertical changes scale similarly.
    John Bongiovanni
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2009
    jjbong wrote:
    This is because the size and or resolution of the background image is different from the image you're putting it into.

You can either fix it in the background image (Image->Image Size), or you can Free Transform the layer of the background in your new image (Edit->Free Transform with the layer of the background active). If you use the Free Transform, make sure you have the link selected in the toolbar - this ensures that the horizontal and vertical changes scale similarly.

Thanks John,
    Silly me I am so embarrassed.
    Regards
    Bob