My favorite model

SpydawebbSpydawebb Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited March 25, 2009 in People
Went to a local park yesterday with my wife, and here are a few shots that I liked. I tried different processing techniques on each, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think of them, good or bad. Let me have it!

496828798_zx6u4-M.jpg

496828673_KBtzZ-M.jpg

496828901_KSyLU-M.jpg

496828604_XGxHZ-M.jpg

496829004_Nmg2b-M.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    What a pretty wife! iloveyou.gif

Ok, so I like #1 & 5 the best, not a big fan of the processing of #2, but that might be just me ... mwink.gif

I actually think some of them are cropped too tight .... I think it's more flattering when the head is not in the dead center and there is some room below it. So imagine you're cutting the photo in 3 parts (horizontally). The head should be in the "top" part (like in #2)

I think her look & smile in the last one is gorgeous, but I also think it would have been even better if one could see more of the upper body. iloveyou.gif

Nice photos though clap.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    these are are very good. well exposed, nice lighitng, and expressions, good use of bokeh in the 1st shot. all keepers.thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SpydawebbSpydawebb Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate them. Angie, I agree with you about having some that are not so closely cropped. We did take some mid range and also full body shots, but it just so happens that these were the ones that I liked best.
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    I like #1 the best.
    Your wife is very pretty.

Thanks for posting thumb.gif

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    On the first three-- notice how her lips are pretty much sealed shut? Try getting her to open them just enough to let some air pass through-- and even better, get her to exhale as you shoot. It's a simple trick that works wonders. :D Check out any fashion or beauty magazine if you don't believe me.

It's your wife so you're not going to notice this as much as other people might, but notice how much more the last two images have more warmth and personality than those first three? The mouth can send a powerful message in photos so always keep an eye on what it's doing. She's a pretty woman-- just make sure to shoot lots of images before she gets sick of your camera mwink.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    I like tight crops of beautiful womens (BTW - in case you didn't know it, your wife more than qualifies in that department!) and I'm just loving #3. The focus is spot on, love her expression, and the intensity of her eyes. Mix photo with the processing of #4 and I think you would have a real wall hanger!

The conversion in #5 is really nice to - love the high contrast B&W!
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Very good captures in deed.
    edited March 24, 2009
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Pete, that's a tip that I hadn't heard before. I'll have to remember that for future shoots.
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Tell the truth I liked only number one.
    edited March 25, 2009
    Thank you for the comment Kombizz. Can you tell me what you don't like?

I know that photography is subjective, but I still like to hear what others think and what they would do differently.