Some Ice Climbing Perhaps...

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in Sports
Went on a 3 day ice climbing trip and got some great climbs in. We stayed in a cabin right at the the river so it was a perfect trip. Here are some pictures!

We skied in past several flows, here is some nice ice that we don't know the name of with Lang in the photo for perspective.
497045287_p3bmH-L.jpg

We passed a few more on our way up the valley, this one is called Sublimation because of the ice color.
497044408_Z546e-L.jpg

This is Pinball Wizard which is real easy but enjoyable enough looking.
497043352_8BThc-L.jpg

We finally made our way into the canyon a bit more and decided to hop onto this climb called Redemption, it was a bit steep but Dane had no problem digging right in.
497041611_kqLJt-XL.jpg

Making quick time of the crux.
497040739_LLvQk-XL.jpg

Lang followed Next.
497039517_pLTGS-XL.jpg

and seemed to be going well..
497038516_wKic5-XL.jpg

It was a pretty long climb, probably 40 or 45 meters and the crux at WI4

497037604_sgiMU-XL.jpg

Lang seemed to be doing well but struggling at something...it was not hard to find out why after taking a closer look.
497036701_tnPru-XL.jpg

Still he somehow made it and so we were all on top of a great climb.
497052137_fqsAJ-XL.jpg

Then we climbed Sublimation and it went well..except for the scary tree traverse on the summit which dane had to do...then we came down in the dark...oh well good times!

Heres a stitch of 25 images or so from the top of the climb....thanks for looking!

497061281_C54pc-L.jpg

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Looks cold and beautiful. Love the stitched image.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Lang seemed to be doing well but struggling at something...it was not hard to find out why after taking a closer look.
    497036701_tnPru-S.jpg

Maybe easy for you, but I have no idea what he's struggling with! Help a brother out! thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    Maybe easy for you, but I have no idea what he's struggling with! Help a brother out! thumb.gif

hehe sorry I was referring to his complete inability to see! His hat had come down over his eyes and he could barely see under it at all!!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Man, them's some wikkid dirty sunglasses!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Nice series and good story to go along with it. Looks cold and crazy!! The stitched image is wonderful--puts the whole climb in perspective, at least from my comfy armchair. :D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Wow what a great series......dang near makes want to move there for a while at least.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website