497284410_i8NHd-L.jpg

497283864_HvxrF-M.jpg

497282596_gKoL8-L-1.jpg

497282990_j8rY7-L-1.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AngryRedAngryRed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    #2 is by far my personal favorite. I like the color tone and it almost has a sepia feel to it.

#1 has a good expression but is it just me or is the left side of her face a bit out of focus?

#4 she seems to have lost her feet. :giggle

Great job overall, again I'm digging the feel of #2.
    Love this place, but I am an ADV rider too!
    F800GS
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    #1 feels oof on the side of the face but it might just be the shadows. Her eyes look completely different which could be pushing the oof feeling.
    #2 is also my favorite... the colors and gentle shadows make it feel very comfortable
    #3 is a nice pose with a great background, I wish I could see her shoes
    #4 a flash here would've scared those pesky shadows off her face/neck, the lack of feet is a little distracting
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    The first goes to the recycle bin...its just too much out of focus.

2 is great.

3 wouldnt be bad except for the crop. What size can you print from that?

4 The crop again....youve lopped off her feet.....I don't mind the shadows.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Fill flash or at least a reflector might put some sparkle in those eyes too.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    I really like the processing of #2, but ....

#4 FTW IMNSHO mwink.gif. The shadows are just about perfect - gives depth and contour to her face. A bit of a sparkle in her eyes would be a good thing. Two ways of doing that - (1) a bit of fill flash - just enough for the catchlight or .... (2) Use photoshop to put a light gray circle in each eye. The crop - have a go at cropping just a bit off the bottom and, maybe, from the right - it might work.
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Beautiful captures in deed clap.gif
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Thank you everyone for all the feedback!
    I have gone back thru the images of this shoot and I have ALOT to learn....
    I have 2 major issuses to deal with:
    1. I have a focus issue.... I used my 70-300 lens. Would using a smaller (wider) lens (18-55) and moving closer into the subject be a better aproach?
    I wear glasses but can't stand to shoot with them on. I have posted in other forums as to finding an eyepiece that would magnify the viewfinder. Any ideas?
    2. I seem to have a prob with a foot fetish! rolleyes1.gif
    I have been using a reflector alot more this winter for some indoor projects and I
    can see it will be a great asset for the catchlight issue!
    I also see the need for off camera flash now... someone send me a shoot off a good money tree!!!
    In pic 3 I should have used the wider lens and been closer. I cropped out alot of the barn and window. Is this correct thinking?
    Absolutly positive feedback from all and I thank you again!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    digidrone wrote:
    Thank you everyone for all the feedback!
    I have gone back thru the images of this shoot and I have ALOT to learn....
    I have 2 major issuses to deal with:
    1. I have a focus issue.... I used my 70-300 lens. Would using a smaller (wider) lens (18-55) and moving closer into the subject be a better aproach?
    I wear glasses but can't stand to shoot with them on. I have posted in other forums as to finding an eyepiece that would magnify the viewfinder. Any ideas?
    2. I seem to have a prob with a foot fetish! rolleyes1.gif
    I have been using a reflector alot more this winter for some indoor projects and I
    can see it will be a great asset for the catchlight issue!
    I also see the need for off camera flash now... someone send me a shoot off a good money tree!!!
    In pic 3 I should have used the wider lens and been closer. I cropped out alot of the barn and window. Is this correct thinking?
    Absolutly positive feedback from all and I thank you again!
    As a general rule, longer is better - up to a point. It provides for:
    • A bit of perspective compression. So, if you model has a large nose (for example) a longer lens, used correctly will help to diminish this feature.
    • A bit better control of bokeh (the creaminess of OOF features). Creamy bokeh is a good thing. Shorter focal lengths have a harder time rendering such.
    • Shorter lenses require you to be quite close to your model. For some, this can be intimidating/disturbing. And, that will show in the photos.
    Common wisdom for FF used to be that a portrait looked best when taken with something near 105mm. With you have a 1.5 crop camera, that would equate to making your portraits with something near 70mm.
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    You are lucky to get a pretty model like her. Among your captures, I liked only the last one.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Thank you for looking and your comments!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    #3 is my favorite. I agree with others here that the images can be punched up with PP on the saturation and lightening up of the face. Pretty lady and some nice captures. Keep at it! thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP