Adobe Lightroom 2.0 import not working right

Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I am using Adobe Lightroom 2.0 and ever since I upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0 it creates a separate hard drive in the left hand panel. I import these directly to an external harddrive and the pictures are there in finder but not showing up correctly in my library in Lightroom. I have to recreate the folder, highlight the pictures and drag them into correct folder. Has anyone else come across this? Any solutions? Software is up-to-date.
PDG
Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

Comments

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    I am using Adobe Lightroom 2.0 and ever since I upgraded from 1.0 to 2.0 it creates a separate hard drive in the left hand panel. I import these directly to an external harddrive and the pictures are there in finder but not showing up correctly in my library in Lightroom. I have to recreate the folder, highlight the pictures and drag them into correct folder. Has anyone else come across this? Any solutions? Software is up-to-date.

I'm using LR 2.3 and have no problems. I assume that you are doing an "Import Photos from Disk" operation to start things off? When you get to the main import screen, there are a variety of options on what you want to do with the files such as move and add to catalog, copy and add to catalog, and import in the original location. Probably not helping much but could you describe the exact steps you are taking from the time you plug your card into your PC?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Mike J wrote:
    I'm using LR 2.3 and have no problems. I assume that you are doing an "Import Photos from Disk" operation to start things off? When you get to the main import screen, there are a variety of options on what you want to do with the files such as move and add to catalog, copy and add to catalog, and import in the original location. Probably not helping much but could you describe the exact steps you are taking from the time you plug your card into your PC?

Thanks. I am importing and putting in a new location off the card. My current library is visible on left hand panel, I chose the new location, create the new folder and import. What it has done is create a folder "Hard Drive" by the same name and same properties. Instead of listing it in the catalog it lists it as it is mapped on the hard drive. i.e. 1TB pictures/2009/march/soccer. When I go to the viewer on my iMac it shows the files in the folder in the correct place. Something is just happening with my catalog in LR. Sometimes I can synchronize the folder and it will update it correctly but I never had to do this in version 1.0 I do have 2.3 BTW. Thanks any input you can give I greatly apprecaite.
    PDG
    Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8