SOLD (Canada) Canon 1D MarkIII

HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
edited March 23, 2009 in House of Canon
ALL GONE... :)

FOR SALE (Canada) Canon 1D MarkIII

This camera is pristine.
Anyone who has dealt with me in the past will verify that if I tell you something is 'pristine' or 'like new', it is. I have not included photos because this camera is indistinguishable from new. If you want to see what it looks like, just go to Canon's website and look at photos of a new camera.

The camera has just returned from Canon's service center in Mississauga where it received the latest updates, sensor cleaning and was calibrated to the most current specifications. I have not used the camera since I got it back but comments I've read on other forums from those who had the same tune-up done by Canon are thrilled with the camera's performance.

If memory serves me, and I believe it does, the 10K file numbering system has turned over 3 times and the shutter count is currently under 32K. This is minimal for the MarkIII as the shutter is rated for 300,000 actuations.

I am the original owner of this camera, having bought it on November 27/07, making it just under 16 months old. All the original bits and pieces, including packaging are included. Most of the goodies are still sealed in the original wrappers.

To save you the trouble, I have done the research on current selling prices for this camera new. They are as follows...

Henry's: $4,649.99 plus local taxes (GST + Ontario Sales Tax) = $5,254.49

Aden Camera: $4,249.99 plus local taxes (GST + Ontario Sales Tax) = $4,802.49

B&H: $3849.95 (U.S.) plus exchange and local taxes (GST + Ontario Sales Tax) = $5,370.92

For the record, Canon has advised dealers of a price increase effective April 7/09. I don't know the specifics by product but have been told the increase will range by product from 7% to 12%, averaging about 10%.

My Price: $3,450.00 (Canadian funds)

Preferred method of payment is EMT or Cashier's Cheque. If you wish to use PayPal, please add 3% for fees. Of course, cash is always acceptable. Shipping is extra, local pickup in Cobourg, Ontario is available.

The best way to contact me is by Email.

Email: harveygold@highpointvizslas.com

If you wish to speak to me by telephone, drop me an email and I will send you my number.

For those of you who don't know me, I am an active member and moderator on http://www.pixel-shooter.com/forum/index.php. You can find feedback for me there as well as references from any of the members. I have 100% feedback on many large ticket items. I also have 100% feedback on Ebay under the user name of harvey_gold.