Railroad Tracks - HDR Series

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited March 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Few shots I took on Sunday for DSS #22. I may use one of these shots for DSS #21. These are all HDR but I tried not to go overboard on the treatment. I would love to hear what you guys think of them and would especially like to hear which you like the most. Any feedback on how I could improve the shots would be really appreciated.

Thanks for looking and the feedback. Hope you enjoy them.

496950543_zwAtx-XL-1.jpg

496897773_h3WZJ-XL.jpg

496904815_cSpZZ-XL.jpg

496956618_TsiQ8-XL-1.jpg

496914196_e9KU8-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Wow! I love them all! The rocks, the track angles, the clouds-- very well done.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Howdy,

These are so well done, so much to see and take in and all the details are tack sharp and have splendid color to them.

Really interesting compositions, and love the leading lines of the Tracks.

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    I am a huge HDR fan and I think these are great! I am a fan of both the natural and unrealistic looks and you have captured a good set of the first! Keep it up!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Thanks Everyone.
    I've come a long way from where I first started with HDR.

I tried not to go too overboard with the tone mapping on these. Just a tad to give them some drama but not too much to where they start to look too surreal.

I really appreciate the comments. It's always fun to know that people appreciate the pictures you take. clap.gif

My Smug Site
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    I also like these very much. I am just starting to play with HDR and it is pretty cool. I also like the more natural looking HDR photos and these are great!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    The first one looks a little blurry!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    I think all of them are nice, but to me #4 stands out. I don't like the sky in #1 or 2, plus the angle of the track's bank in 1, 2, and 3 is so high that it almost looks unbelievable. In #4, the sky is very dynamic and it plays into the color and texture of the rocks quite nicely. The track is a perfect angle and curve, and the overall lighter cast is more appealing to me than #5.

Really nice work!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Great feedback Lauren!
    I really appreciate the feedback Lauren. #4 & #5 are my favorite. Please note that they are both the same image, #4 is just a crop of #5. Funny though how much an image can change just by cropping it.

Thanks again.

My Smug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Wow! I see now the crop difference from 5 to 4. It really looked to me like 5 was darker--amazing how the crop seemed to make a difference in tone to me. I still like #4 best!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com