San Diego in March

davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in Landscapes
My wife and I visited San Diego this month and frankly, I love this city...the whole area is gorgeous.

Here is the city before the sun had completely set.

488489854_P35wy-L.jpg

And after sunset--
488528016_pTTZB-L.jpg

Comments

• grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Great looking shots!! I like the sky in the first one.
  • aguntheragunther Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Nice
    I wonder if the horizon is leaning to the right or if my head is leaning to the left.headscratch.gif
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Gorgeous shots, David!! clap.gif

I'm with Grimace, great sky in the first one! I've taken a number of stabs at the skyline here and have yet to get anything as good as either of these! Well done!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • mrt10xmrt10x Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    agunther wrote:
    I wonder if the horizon is leaning to the right or if my head is leaning to the left.headscratch.gif

Interesting thought..I have lived in San Diego a few times.. .and from that location on Coronado, the mainland is getting closer to you from the left side of the image, so that would give a natural tilt in a photo.. should the OP correct that angle to give a straight horizon? Or shoot it as it truly exists? I am asking out of my own ignorance :)
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    mrt10x wrote:
    Interesting thought..I have lived in San Diego a few times.. .and from that location on Coronado, the mainland is getting closer to you from the left side of the image, so that would give a natural tilt in a photo.. should the OP correct that angle to give a straight horizon? Or shoot it as it truly exists? I am asking out of my own ignorance :)

Check the verticals in cityscapes- The rest will be where it belongs. These shots are fine. And very nice I might add.
    Anybody can do it.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Check the verticals in cityscapes- The rest will be where it belongs. These shots are fine. And very nice I might add.

I agree. The verticle are straight. Nice pano.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Great shots Ryan. clap.gif Would you mind sharing the EXIF for these photos.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • mrt10xmrt10x Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

Well that is exactly what I thought :)
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Superb photos ! thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Beautiful work.