Yesterday's First

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in People
This may be the only shot I get a chance to share from yesterdays shoot and represents the very first frame I shot.....and thus far the only one I have completed editing. If the weather holds, this will be a very busy week for me and my camera......and.....I plan to finish painting the house this week as well!

497959030_VzxYj-L-2.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Your usual great senior shot. Light is good. Pose is good. Composition is the usual very good. thumb.gif

But, who put him in the new shoes? He's got on a comfortable shirt and some very comfortable jeans and .... new shoes?eek7.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Your usual great senior shot. Light is good. Pose is good. Composition is the usual very good. thumb.gif

But, who put him in the new shoes? He's got on a comfortable shirt and some very comfortable jeans and .... new shoes?eek7.gif

Laughing.gif.....I dunno...

I didn't think they looked "new" when he arrived....but....after 4 or 5 frames right here in the parking lot he swapped to sneakers for the rest of the day anyway. Better now Scott?rolleyes1.gif

Oh....and I added another 1.5g in RAM to my motherboard. It's much better now, but I am making plans to build a new system that will be based on the new Intel Core i7 chip...and a 64bit OS that(if I understand it correctly) will allow me to use large amounts of RAM. I want to go with 12 Gigs. It should be a beast, but that is a whole 'nother project. Gotta paint the house first!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Laughing.gif.....I dunno...

I didn't think they looked "new" when he arrived....but....after 4 or 5 frames right here in the parking lot he swapped to sneakers for the rest of the day anyway. Better now Scott?rolleyes1.gif

Oh....and I added another 1.5g in RAM to my motherboard. It's much better now, but I am making plans to build a new system that will be based on the new Intel Core i7 chip...and a 64bit OS that(if I understand it correctly) will allow me to use large amounts of RAM. I want to go with 12 Gigs. It should be a beast, but that is a whole 'nother project. Gotta paint the house first!
    Yes, better - waiting to see the change in the shoesmwink.gif

As for the computer - yup, the 64-bit O/S will allow you to address as much memory as you can possibly stuff into the box.

So, with the 12G of mem, I guess you'll have to hang at least 5TB of disk off this in a Raid 1 (at least 5 disks) configuration. Oh, and don't forget the 4 monitors you'll need just to make sure your monitor(s) don't feel inadequate!
    edited March 24, 2009
    Yes, better - waiting to see the change in the shoesmwink.gif

As for the computer - yup, the 64-bit O/S will allow you to address as much memory as you can possibly stuff into the box.

So, with the 12G of mem, I guess you'll have to hang at least 5TB of disk off this in a Raid 1 (at least 5 disks) configuration. Oh, and don't forget the 4 monitors you'll need just to make sure your monitor(s) don't feel inadequate!

I dunno.....my newegg wishlist is probably overkill....but I thought the same when I spec'd this one out....and look where I am now.

I am going to start out with a 300G 10k rpm drive for the OS....and programs. A 1TB SATA for storage....to start with but with room to grow. I am still waffling on whether to add a third drive....like a 320g or so just to use for a scratch disk. I dunno about that part. If the solid state drives are reasonable by the time I start buying I may go that route rather than the 10k drive. Oh, and as I understand it, PSCS4 (which I dont have) actually hands off some rendering to the graphics processor. ATi is making an affordable dual processor graphics card now with 2g RAM(yikes!). Maybe toward the end of the year Ill begin the build. I will be watching....trying to anticipate the official release of Win7-64. They say the Beta is much better than vista....a bit more like XP in that regard. Looks promising!

As I say...maybe overkill now but...in the meantime....I should be able to run all of my editing software....play some tunes....keep a game of "frogger" going....and....IDK.....take over the universe!rolleyes1.gif

Seriously.....I dont like watching status bars or hourglasses....and theres no good reason that my investment in my "darkroom" isn't as up to snuff as the investment in camera gear.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    This may be the only shot I get a chance to share from yesterdays shoot and represents the very first frame I shot.....and thus far the only one I have completed editing. If the weather holds, this will be a very busy week for me and my camera......and.....I plan to finish painting the house this week as well!

So you really think posting just one photos is fair?? :cry

VERY nice photo, Jeff!!! Love the colors, composition is great too .... love the high-keyish look mwink.gif .. but since you just posted one pic, I'll have to pick on it too :D Everything is great (and the "new" shoes don't bother me at all) BUT it's too bad the jeans are in this awkward position on his right foot.headscratch.gif

You better ask your wife to get some photos of you painting the house! .. may we all critique your painting techniques too??? Haha!! ... you missed a spot ... rolleyes1.gif
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    You better ask your wife to get some photos of you painting the house! .. may we all critique your painting techniques too??? Haha!! ... you missed a spot ... rolleyes1.gif

It must be painting season! The hubby and I started painting two of our bedrooms this past weekend, he has today off (though I'm working, albeit working at home, still working)... so depending on what time he wakes up he could potentially finish both rooms today.

Anyhoo...

Great first shot, can we see more now?

I've been running Lightroom on 4GB which since I don't have a 64-bit OS is really more like 3.5GB that the computer cares to notice... but it has been running soooooo much quicker ever since going up to 4GB. I'd put more in, but a) need 64-bit OS and b) my laptop motherboard maxes out at 4GB. Haven't decided when I'll build me a new desktop, I'm very much a laptop addict thanks to my regular 9-5 job where portability is key.... However we will be building a new desktop for my husband soon, he's a heavy gamer and his current quad-core motherboard isn't making him happy enough, lol.
    edited March 24, 2009
    Shima wrote:
    It must be painting season! The hubby and I started painting two of our bedrooms this past weekend, he has today off (though I'm working, albeit working at home, still working)... so depending on what time he wakes up he could potentially finish both rooms today.

Anyhoo...

Great first shot, can we see more now?

I've been running Lightroom on 4GB which since I don't have a 64-bit OS is really more like 3.5GB that the computer cares to notice... but it has been running soooooo much quicker ever since going up to 4GB. I'd put more in, but a) need 64-bit OS and b) my laptop motherboard maxes out at 4GB. Haven't decided when I'll build me a new desktop, I'm very much a laptop addict thanks to my regular 9-5 job where portability is key.... However we will be building a new desktop for my husband soon, he's a heavy gamer and his current quad-core motherboard isn't making him happy enough, lol.

Im still wading through the photos.....maybe later

The new Core i7 is a quad core chip, but it behaves as though it were 8 cores. The task manager will show 8 cores perking along. All of the research I have done on it seems to point at it as the fastest consumer processor on the planet. I will purchase the slowest of the three offered...but clock it up a bit. Im excited about it...and until now have been a big fan of AMD. So long Athlon!!! (I haven't "gamed" in awhile....years...but used to live on a Far Cry server....don't get me started!):D
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Well, at least you're reaping the benefits from all that overtime last month! :D

Seriously, I don't know how you do as much as you do - banked up shoots and painting the house too? I now have this vision of you on a ladder, camera around your neck and paintbrush in the other hand..... rolleyes1.gif

I commented on some of the other ones you posted - great, as always (as is this one). I just keep looking at what you do and trying to learn, because I love the style! bowdown.gif