Not Spring in New England

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited March 26, 2009 in Landscapes
This is an area of town conservation land that I'm trying to work over different times. Definitely a work in progress.

Even though it's spring by the calendar, it still hasn't shown up here, yet. The morning shots were taken yesterday with a temperature of about 18 degrees. Fortunately my fingers were only completely numb to the second knuckle.:wink

For sharing and C&C

#1 Birch Grove

498056601_gUbPZ-L.jpg

#2 Water's Edge

498057239_B3vV4-L.jpg

#3 Water's Edge Portrait

498057324_nTq7t-L.jpg

#4 Morning Light

498057117_zRkYD-L.jpg

#5 Beaver Lodge at Sunrise

498057432_JERmd-L.jpg

The last is a HDR image from 5 exposures. I'm not completely happy yet with the conversion so brutal opinions and suggestions welcome. I'm not happy with the jpeg import from Lightroom to Smugmug. It came over a lot more red/orange.

All suggestions/opinions gladly accepted.

Comments

• amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Number four is my clear favorite.
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    nice set, #3 is really great, maybe crop a little off the right? (to get the broken one oof)
    Aaron Nelson
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    amg2833 wrote:
    Number four is my clear favorite.

Thanks Anthony!
    edited March 25, 2009
    nice set, #3 is really great, maybe crop a little off the right? (to get the broken one oof)

Thanks Aaron, I'll take a look at that.
  • jnsuffolkjnsuffolk Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    Just curious. Where did you shoot these. Was born and raised in Pittsfield ma
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Nice series Tom
    And I hear you on the 'waiting for Spring'...
    I've watched 4 great sunsets from the comforts of my home (where the heat is still onrolleyes1.gif) and not been able to motivate to head out and shoot.
    Can't wait til we get just a bit of a warm up - those creative juices need to be thawed outmwink.gif
    E
    edited March 26, 2009
    jnsuffolk wrote:
    Just curious. Where did you shoot these. Was born and raised in Pittsfield ma

These were shot in Westford, which is just outside Lowell. So, opposite side of the state from Pittsfield.
    edited March 26, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Nice series Tom
    And I hear you on the 'waiting for Spring'...
    I've watched 4 great sunsets from the comforts of my home (where the heat is still onrolleyes1.gif) and not been able to motivate to head out and shoot.
    Can't wait til we get just a bit of a warm up - those creative juices need to be thawed outmwink.gif
    E

Oh but after awhile you can't feel your fingers at all and it becomes really easy to keep going.mwink.gif

I was out again this morning and while it was still cold, it was just me and the beaver hanging out at 630a. He (she) kept swimming over and trying to figure out what I was doing. It was peaceful and good to be out there with the wildlife. Only distraction was the crazy photographer scrambling to get as many pictures in before the cold killed his battery.