A few...

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited March 24, 2009 in People
I am not real happy with this set. I wasnt pleased with the choice in clothing. Whatchagonnado:rolleyes

Yikes!!!...I hit 3k posts on here today......so....maybe my DW is right.

1-
498102446_skBkn-M-1.jpg

2-
498103873_j5jJf-M-1.jpg

3-
498103706_wsPrt-M-1.jpg

4-
498103531_qLwY5-M-1.jpg

5-
498103322_hXcQF-S-1.jpg

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    ooooo #4!!!! Totally works, and actually turns the choice of clothing into an asset instead of a detraction - bravo!

I really like #1, as well - great eyes (I'm beginning to think of this as much your trademark as the "sparkly natural light" that you always seem to get.... or create as necessary!)
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Look at you Mr. Cross Processing. Loving #4
    But gosh darnit, they are all super. You knew that.

(What is with the wind blowing from behind hairstyle all these whippersnappers are wearing these days?:rutt)

iloveyou.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I am not real happy with this set. I wasnt pleased with the choice in clothing. Whatchagonnadorolleyes1.gif

Yikes!!!...I hit 3k posts on here today......so....maybe my DW is right.

Congrats on 3K!
    1- Not digging the green sweater with his eyes. For someone reason the image looks soft to me. Its probably tack sharp but the psychodelic sweater is freaking me out.

2- I like the pose and the parallel lines but facial skin tone appears washed out against the light background. (note: on horrible work monitor - grain of salt)

3- I really like the conversion and the idea behind the image. The forward tilt of his head from the wall and the tilt of the wall itself leads to the feeling that it is about to tumble over. If he straightened his back to lift his chin back and higher, this would have been a pretty strong portrait.

4- Awesome shot. thumb.gif Love the angle, pose, and background. I don't know if it is this monitor or not but his hair looks to have a little bit of a purplish cast. headscratch.gif The overall cool color theme running through the image really works!

5- Neat image but he appears to get lost in it somewhat. I don't know if it is the bright background sliver behind him enveloping the light shirt or just the magnitude of the surroundings. I'd like to see this same image shot with a wide-angle lens closer to the subject to have him fill more of the frame while still capturing the fullness of the surroundings. The location looks like it would really jam if you pulled him forward toward the camera, away from the background. (Of course i see a ledge there so that may not work rolleyes1.gif )

All of these are keepers Jeff. If they were in my portfolio, they would be the stars but in yours.... well... middle of the road.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009

(What is with the wind blowing from behind hairstyle all these whippersnappers are wearing these days?:rutt)

iloveyou.gif

shshshshsh!

...as for the hair....I really don't know.....If I did that it would simply be called a comb-over...
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Something about #4 just WORKS! Nicely done. I think you did quite well with the wardrobe you were "given" to work with.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009

iloveyou.gif

+1 thumb.gif Very nice set ... even with the funky clothing!