Found: Canon 1D Mark II N

gryphoneyegryphoneye Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 14, 2009 in House of Canon
I'm looking for a carefully used 1D Mark II N. I've been stiffed 3 times on ebay where the seller never contacted me or took the paypal payment and never sent the camera. After getting the refunds(2 of them) I've decided to look else where.

My photography teacher refered me here so I hope to hear from an honest seller. Thank you!

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    There's a used one at Pro Photo Supply in Portland, Oregon.

It's an awesome camera so they're tough to find. I have one and don't think I'll ever get rid of it-- even though I have higher res, more recent cameras! The MKII N is still my favorite for catalog shoots and photojournalism. Just shot a job with mine last night, in fact. You won't be disappointed if you're able to find one. :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• lakewebdlakewebd Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    Hi,

I've been browsing some of the more honest used sites and have seen this camera just can't remember where. Try KEH.com; B&HPhotos, and Adorama it was one of those sites.

It's such a risk to shop Ebay for camera equipment . The places above have a 30 day money back guarantee. I bought a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 at Adorama once, it arrived with the UV cover smashed and it would not AF. I sent it back to them, and they refunded my money no problem.

I know Ebay has a dispute process but it's such a hassle when you buy from a bad seller.

I have sold several cameras here and always shop here first.
  • gryphoneyegryphoneye Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2009
    Thank you guys so much. I've been looking and all those suggested websites are great! :D I wish I could buy private party but like dogwood said, they are hard to find so I might end up doing that. Thank you.
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    gryphoneye wrote:
    Thank you guys so much. I've been looking and all those suggested websites are great! :D I wish I could buy private party but like dogwood said, they are hard to find so I might end up doing that. Thank you.
    I have one for sale on here, Ill try to find it and bump the link. or Email me. Good references.
    ruth: you probably saw it on the EPNmarketplace :)
  • lakewebdlakewebd Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    CookieS wrote:
    I have one for sale on here, Ill try to find it and bump the link. or Email me. Good references.
    ruth: you probably saw it on the EPNmarketplace :)

Hi Cookie,

Not sure where, I have been browsing for months trying to decide what to get as a back up body. Finally, today I bought a 20 D with a 70-210 f 3.5-4.5 in great shape; $400 for both.wings.gif I am very relieved to have these, not first choices for primary but both great as inexpensive yet good back up.

It hard looking at that small LCD after using my 50 D but the 20 D takes great photos. I just want to be ready for my seasonclap.gif