Options

Image Editor Updates

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited April 27, 2009 in Finishing School
A lot of people here use it, and others may not know anything about it. So posting a email from this morning:
We are happy to inform you that Version 3.1 of Image Editor has been released.

Improvements and changes for version 3.1.0:
• This Image Editor version includes the new i2e library Version 7.0.0 with several improvements and bug fixes
• Highlight clipping is reduced. (Load V6 image and compare to V7 image)
• Highly saturated colors will no longer blow out (oversaturate). (Load V6 image and compare to V7 image)
• Image Editor has now an iPhone channel, which is fine tuned to enhance iPhone images
• You can now save the enhanced images with a date/time prefix based on the Exif information.
This way you can enhance the images of different cameras and have them be sorted chronologically by date and time ..
2009 03 05-21 55 27 DSC0001.jpg
2009 03 05-21 56 27 img0001.jpg
2009 03 05-21 57 27 DSC0002.jpg
2009 03 05-21 58 27 img0002.jpg
.. rather then by camera type
DSC0001.jpg
DSC0002.jpg
img0001.jpg
img0002.jpg
You can upgrade to this new version online by clicking on the below buttons.

New is also, that you can order a yearly subscription, so that you will always get from us by email the latest Image Editor versions, including new license keys. This makes sense, because there will be several new improved i2e image enhancement library versions coming out this year and all will result in new versions of Image Editor. See here the list of projects...

Comments

• Options
    DrazickDrazick Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Where Can We Get The Software?
    What's the software home site?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2009
    Drazick wrote:
    What's the software home site?
    That would have helped, too, wouldn't it.

The Image Editor home page:
    http://www.colour-science.com/IE/ImageEditor.htm

There are ClubSmug Savings, too, in your SmugMug account (Control Panel - News).
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Is there a club smug price for minor upgrade?

Is see origional and major upgrade, but no minor upgrade price. I really love this program for mass batch improvements, especailly when shooting several hundered random sports shots. It really works wonders.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:

Is see origional and major upgrade, but no minor upgrade price. I really love this program for mass batch improvements, especailly when shooting several hundered random sports shots. It really works wonders.

Z
    Team Smug and/or Colour Science will have to chime in on that - I have no idea about the minor upgrades.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited March 29, 2009
    That is one of the programs I really wish I could use in OS 10.5.6
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:

Z
    Write to colour-science.... thanks.
  • Options
    buckeyenutbuckeyenut Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    I2E Question
    I have been using I2e image enhancer for a few weeks using the default settings suggested on DGRIN and it really seems to make every picture look better. I am using the trial version but thinking of buying it and have a few questions.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    1. Should probably know the answer to this but why is it that pictures taken outside in good lighting conditions look better when run through I2E? Looking at before and after it is almost like it removes an entire layer of dark film from the image.

2. I have been using the settings from Pupators post on this page http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=49125&page=12&highlight=i2e and noticed one differences between Andy's default settings and these. Andy has contrast shadows at -20 and Pupator has them at 0. Andy has Saturation correction at 0 and Pupator has it at -20. Seems strange that these 2 settings are flip flopped. Did I get something wrong? Which one is correct?<o:p></o:p>

3. Is it ok to run all my pictures through I2E auto correct before uploading to Smugmug? Is there really a need to do more correcting in another program like photoshop unless there are visible problems?

4. If I use I2E before uploading and have my Smugmug settings set to use Bayphoto, should I turn off color correct? I did read on Dgrin to turn it off if using Ezprints since it uses I2e but since Bay is hand color corrected should I leave it on or turn it off especially since it costs more for each photo?
    Thanks in advance for the answers.
  • Options
    buckeyenutbuckeyenut Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    buckeyenut wrote:
    I have been using I2e image enhancer for a few weeks using the default settings suggested on DGRIN and it really seems to make every picture look better. I am using the trial version but thinking of buying it and have a few questions.
    1. Should probably know the answer to this but why is it that pictures taken outside in good lighting conditions look better when run through I2E? Looking at before and after it is almost like it removes an entire layer of dark film from the image.

2. I have been using the settings from Pupators post on this page http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=49125&page=12&highlight=i2e and noticed one differences between Andy's default settings and these. Andy has contrast shadows at -20 and Pupator has them at 0. Andy has Saturation correction at 0 and Pupator has it at -20. Seems strange that these 2 settings are flip flopped. Did I get something wrong? Which one is correct?<o:p></o:p>

3. Is it ok to run all my pictures through I2E auto correct before uploading to Smugmug? Is there really a need to do more correcting in another program like photoshop unless there are visible problems?

4. If I use I2E before uploading and have my Smugmug settings set to use Bayphoto, should I turn off color correct? I did read on Dgrin to turn it off if using Ezprints since it uses I2e but since Bay is hand color corrected should I leave it on or turn it off especially since it costs more for each photo?

Anyone able to answer my questions?? :D
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2009
    buckeyenut wrote:
    Sure it's fine. Only use Photoshop if you need/want to :D
    Leave it off for either lab, if you use Image Editor.
  • Options
    EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    IE Noise Removal & Settings
    The new version of IE has noise reduction, wondering if anyone has compared results with Noiseware or other products?
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2009
    IE settings
    Noise redux in IE - anyone considering using it or tested?
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2009
    EcoJam wrote:
    Noise redux in IE - anyone considering using it or tested?
    Are you aware you can try this for free? Just making sure.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2009
    Ie
    yep, just wanted to hear from others - especially those now using Noiseware.