828-717 high ISO Theatre shots(800x600)

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited June 1, 2005 in People
I went to see a play with my brother in the leading role. No flash allowed so I shot with the 828 at 400 ISO and my son Aron shot with the 717. This could only be done with very low shutterspeed like 1/15 or 1/30. Of course every pictures needed noise filtering. But I like the results pretty much and so did the players. They will put a link of the pictures on their website :)
BTW this was the first time that Aron did such a shoot. I'm proud cause he really came up with some fine work.
Here are some 717 shots. The first shot was Aron's first shot and also the opening of the play.

23361507-L.jpg

23361556-L.jpg

This was the last shot of the dramatic end of the play cause the lead role and his partner were both murdered.

23361576-L.jpg

Next are some 828 shots.

23056992-L.jpg

My brother with his new found love

23056987-L.jpg

Here she was aware of the cam and looked straight in it

23058591-L.jpg

23058585-L.jpg

I'm really happy with the next two shots

23058593-L.jpg

23058602-L.jpg

End of the play and thanks for looking!

23058606-L.jpg

Comments

• Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Hello Adrian !
    Very nice pictures Adrian.
    It seems you used the zoom much more than your son did.
    It is hard to compare the two sets, for the light is constantly changing on stage .
    Still I think you did a very good job.

Was this play " Cabaret " ?cheerleader.gif

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hey Peter
    Very nice pictures Adrian.
    It seems you used the zoom much more than your son did.
    It is hard to compare the two sets, for the light is constantly changing on stage .
    Still I think you did a very good job.

Was this play " Cabaret " ?cheerleader.gif

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
    Sorry to reply so late. Been busy. Well, it was a play which was specially made for them because they were celebrating the 125 years birthday of their group. The oldest in Amsterdam. So it was a bit Cabaret and mainly tried to work around things that happened in NL the last two or three years like Pim F. and Theo van Gogh. My brother got killed in the play :D So was his fiancee.
    I was not that much exited about the play but the shooting was really nice to do. I dig this kind of photography a lot.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Excellent results Adrian thumb.gifthumb.gif

I knew the 717 could do well at ISO400, but the 828 shots look much better than I expected clap.gif I had much better luck with the 717 at higher ISOs than with the 828 ne_nau.gif All of these look to be keepers. I'm sure the cast members love them :D Especially, that woman who is looking right into the camera....lol

So how were the reviews? Will the play continue, or has it's run come to an end?

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi Steve
    Excellent results Adrian thumb.gifthumb.gif

I knew the 717 could do well at ISO400, but the 828 shots look much better than I expected clap.gif I had much better luck with the 717 at higher ISOs than with the 828 ne_nau.gif All of these look to be keepers. I'm sure the cast members love them :D Especially, that woman who is looking right into the camera....lol

So how were the reviews? Will the play continue, or has it's run come to an end?

Steve
    Well, this is the oldest(125 years clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif ) amateur group in Amsterdam. So this was their yearly play, which they normally do like 5 times but for this occasion there were about 10 or 12 rehearsels.
    I agree that in one way the 717 is better the the 828 for this way of shooting. Still I think that the 828 pictures are smoother. Here is an older 717 shot I really like. I have it big on my wall at the office. Now that I see it here on screen I realize that I might try to do some better PS. I think I improved my skills in the meantime. :Dheadscratch.gif
    6005156-L.jpg
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Your recent work here is noticably better than the older example. The new stuff is clear and bright and crisp. Nice work.
    I agree that in one way the 717 is better the the 828 for this way of shooting. Still I think that the 828 pictures are smoother. Here is an older 717 shot I really like. I have it big on my wall at the office. Now that I see it here on screen I realize that I might try to do some better PS. I think I improved my skills in the meantime. :Dheadscratch.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi there Shay!
    Your recent work here is noticably better than the older example. The new stuff is clear and bright and crisp. Nice work.
    You are making my day with such a nice compliment :D Yep, I learned a few things. Thanks Andy and others but also I learned from you Shay! I'm one of your secret students rolleyes1.gif There must be a crowd! clap.gif Thank you for all your teaching, explaining and support. I really appreciate!