Options

Just a test post

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited June 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hi All,
Just joined this forum and trying to figure out how to post.

43637798.jpg

Hmmm. Looks like it posted just fine :D
Hope no one minds this post here until I find out more about where the different posts should go.

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Your post worked just fine . . . but your picture . . . it looks like something is "screwed" up inside of it! :):

and torx screws, no less. . .

Welcome to dgrin
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    Your post worked just fine . . . but your picture . . . it looks like something is "screwed" up inside of it! :):

and torx screws, no less. . .

Welcome to dgrin
    Thanks John.
    Yeh, the shot was all screwed up, but what can one do?

• Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Well Chris, looks like another one ends up here mwink.gif So is that a torx screw with reflections Chris. Interesting perspective and shot. thumb.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    What's this? Multiple exposures? This my be our first! Welcome herr Higgmeister, great to have you posting. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    Hi Danny
    nzmacro wrote:
    Well Chris, looks like another one ends up here mwink.gif So is that a torx screw with reflections Chris. Interesting perspective and shot. thumb.gif

Danny.
    Thanks Danny,
    Yep, Looking for a community instead of just a **** site. I noticed a number of converts over here too:D. I also like the idea of a Macro and IR area.

That's another take on the screw shot. I have a few others that I've been playing with. I'll post some later.

Looking at getting more serious in macro. About to buy a 20D so I can get my hands on the 100mm f2.8 macro by Canon. It looks like a really good lens for getting started.

Glad to be here,
    Chris

• Options
    edited June 1, 2005
    Guten Tag Sid,
    wxwax wrote:
    What's this? Multiple exposures? This my be our first! Welcome herr Higgmeister, great to have you posting. thumb.gif
    NO, not a multiple exposure, but a straight shot with a little contrast adjust. It's actually a single screw placed on a mirror and shot at a low angle. The screw is very small (hard drive case screw), photo shot with a DCR-250 in front of a Sony V3. Here is my first shot I did when I happened upon the effect:
    43604487.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Sid and look forward to many more posts.

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 1, 2005
    Chris,

I like the sideview even more thumb.gifthumb.gif I'm a sucker for reflections and love how the reflections in the 2nd shot sort of trail off into the bottom of the frame.

Very kewl thumb.gifthumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero