Ringling Museum visit

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited March 26, 2009 in People
<HR style="COLOR: #cccccc; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I love watching my children when we take them to museums. They alternate between interest and boredom with every different room. The biggest challenge is the lighting.

Samantha had fun looking for paintings with babies in them.

496866618_bnzwC-L.jpg

Stefanie contemplated the enormity of it all. Largest collection of Rubens in the US. Some of these paintings were massive!

496867051_niYnn-XL.jpg

Evan enjoyed the ipod guided tour.

496869653_xX3xr-L.jpg

The ladies shared an ipod.

496867593_dPztS-L.jpg

A great venue for photos. Wish I knew how to use these columns better.

496869207_MiFV9-XL.jpg

This guy looked familiar.

496868543_AsQNR-XL.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    My respect for you (FWIW :D) as both a photographer and a parent increases with every post you've made that includes your children. Exposing your children to such culture and teaching them to properly appreciate it is not something every parent even thinks about doing. Good on youbowdown.gif

As for the photos - I simply love the first 2. They are wonderful in the fashion in which they portray the scale and size of the art and the sense of wonder/contemplation experienced by your girls. Well done, indeed.

That last one of Samantha is just too cute! Lovely girl!
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    I used to live in Sarasota for quite a few years, so I know the Ringling Museum very well. Great job on your shots, it's always hard with kids sometimes to get some good ones. Keep up the good work!
    clap.gif

Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    My respect for you (FWIW :D) as both a photographer and a parent increases with every post you've made that includes your children. Exposing your children to such culture and teaching them to properly appreciate it is not something every parent even thinks about doing. Good on youbowdown.gif

As for the photos - I simply love the first 2. They are wonderful in the fashion in which they portray the scale and size of the art and the sense of wonder/contemplation experienced by your girls. Well done, indeed.

That last one of Samantha is just too cute! Lovely girl!

Scott, thanks for the kind words. My kids actually enjoyed this museum. The size of some of the paintings was truly amazing. There is also the newly restored Ringling Mansion and a circus museum on the grounds. A great, family day.

We dovetailed it with a fun outing the previous day at Myakka River State park. We did some biking, canoing and climbed the famous canopy walk.

My wife walking up.

496863693_Pby72-L.jpg

Evan was the first to cross the bridge. This was right up his alley.

496863415_4AC2q-XL.jpg

The rest of the family caught up.

496863822_CyUqk-XL.jpg

Great views from the top of the large tower.

496864907_YKNGQ-XL.jpg

Stefanie taking some photos. I dropped her camera in the lake later that day!eek.gif

496865881_TbQS8-XL.jpg

Fun photo moment on the way down.

496865327_NvUUT-XL.jpg
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    What great "storytelling" shots, Mitchell. And I agree with every word Scott says, also adding that I love seeing how much you ENJOY your kids. I think sometimes we all get so bogged down in the daily grind of out the door, do your homework, clean your room, please and thank you, don't talk back etc etc that we it can be too easy sometimes to forget the other part, and you never seem to lose sight of it - the joy you have with and in your family just shines through!!

Thanks for sharing these.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Mitch, you should've called me!! I love going there, it's about 10 miles away from my house.
    Great shots! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    As much as I love learning about photography, shots like this are why I really have a camera. What a fantastic job of capturing a fun family outing that will be remembered for years to come. You know that in 5 years they will reminisce about this outing as the browse through the family set of photos...

I agree with Scott on #1 and #2 - a picture of the picture just would not convey the size of these nor the awe they can evoke.

I think you did quite well with the columns.

Thanks for sharing...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook