More Seattle shots

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited April 1, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are a couple shots I took of the Seattle skyline last night. This is a little different from the typical views of the city. Enjoy!

499775558_2sqs2-L-1.jpg

499759734_DYMMs-L-1.jpg

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Very different angle and interesting light. I had to look twice because at first I thought the mountains were just clouds. Nice set!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Those are great, I really like the clouds above the Olympics! Very dramatic.

Where were these taken? Obviously east of the city, but depending on the focal length you used, that could be anywhere :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Wow ! amazing photos !
    City is beautiful !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Great. I like these. Your compositions in both of these is great. clap.gif So many photos from Seattle and area. A lot of us must live in the same area?
    More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
    Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
    Jason Hummel photography on:
    FACEBOOK
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Danny, gorgeous skylines, if we want to call them that, I think they are wonderful mountainscapes also! The outline of the mountains and the clouds give it such a wonderfully inviting feel to it.

Thanks, great colors also,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Those are great, I really like the clouds above the Olympics! Very dramatic.

Where were these taken? Obviously east of the city, but depending on the focal length you used, that could be anywhere :D

With it being so overcast lately, I got pretty lucky with this sunset last night. I missed getting something even cooler in that first shot but I was just a couple minutes late for the real show. Right as I was pulling up, there were some nice diagonal sun rays shining down in front of the buildings. Oh well.

These were taken atop somerset hill. I recommend you get up there and check it out sometime. As you can see, the views are spectacular.

Oh and the telephoto was used in the first image with the intention of making it look like the city is right at the base of the Olympics (due to the compression). The first was taken at 263mm and the second was at 164mm.
    edited March 27, 2009
    Tharhawk wrote:
    Great. I like these. Your compositions in both of these is great. clap.gif So many photos from Seattle and area. A lot of us must live in the same area?

I've noticed this with most landscape forums I've looked at. It always seems like half the members live in the Seattle area. I suppose it's a pretty good place for pictures. mwink.gif
    edited March 27, 2009
    Thanks for all the comments!
  • dustin32dustin32 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Really neat shots. I don't think I've ever seen the Seattle skyline so mountainous before, way to capture the old in an interesting way!
    edited March 28, 2009
    dustin32 wrote:
    Really neat shots. I don't think I've ever seen the Seattle skyline so mountainous before, way to capture the old in an interesting way!

I was thinking people might start getting tired of the standard Kerry Park pictures if I didn't mix it up a little. There are some other nice angles to get of the city but some of those may require a ferry ride, which I'm not up for. :D
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Beautiful job Danny. Looks like you had some great dramatic skies.
    edited March 30, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Beautiful job Danny. Looks like you had some great dramatic skies.

Thanks. Yes, I was rather fortunate in getting favorable conditions.
  • Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2009
    Great shot. I usually dont see images looking west accros the city. usually it is looking east toward Mt Rainier. Great job. thumb.gif
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown
    edited March 31, 2009
    Great shot. I usually dont see images looking west accros the city. usually it is looking east toward Mt Rainier. Great job. thumb.gif

And I'm plenty guilty of contributing to the pool of images from Kerry Park.
    I'm glad you like the change!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    I was thinking people might start getting tired of the standard Kerry Park pictures if I didn't mix it up a little. There are some other nice angles to get of the city but some of those may require a ferry ride, which I'm not up for. :D

Don't worry about the cliche and/or mediocre Kerry Park photos, I've been posting those about once a month for a year and they haven't banned me yet lol3.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 1, 2009
    #1 really knocks my socks off. Great job here! thumb.gif